Quantcast

Best Game Maker?

Mik_Hael
Administrator
If I wanted to make a Oracle of ages/Oracle of Seasons style game with scripted events and live action combat what program would be the best to use?

Re: Best Game Maker?

Philote
Administrator
Game Maker is good for 2D and is easier to learn in my opinion. Its possible to use it for 3D but I haven't bothered to figure out how.

Unity is a better more complex program overall that is good for 3D.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Best Game Maker?

WonderDrow
Administrator
While Unity3D does allow to create a 2D game, it's naturally more intended for 3D stuff (not just games).  But it requires to code most of the interactions in some javascript inspired language.
So there's a steep learning curve.

Something like Game Maker or Engine001 is probably easier for creating a 2D RPG.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~