Can anyone help?

Empath III
Currently writing a book about a superhuman and he has powers. Two of fact: Teleportation and Positive Electricity Manipulation.
I need to know what health affects would be associated with having these abilities, if there are any?
He his 21 if age is needed to help determine
Thank you

Re: Can anyone help?

They're superpowers, so any detriments you think are appropriate for the story.

Depends heavily on the genre and tone of the story.

Re: Can anyone help?

WonderDrow
Administrator
I don't see how Positive Electricity can exist.

Something will be negatively charged if it has an excess of electrons, and otherwise be positively charged or uncharged.

But electricity is a flow of electrons.  There is no positive flow.

Unless you're talking about positive energy.
But that's more a spiritual thing.
In that case negative emotions could be a problem.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Can anyone help?

Myself

I have to agree with Zaleramancer and Wonder_Drow on this one. I may be able to provide more information if you explain the extent of his abilities.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: Can anyone help?

Empath III
Okay thanks:

The genre is a Young Adult Fantasy Literary Fiction, the tone is quite dark compared to my fantasies for example its focused mainly on how the superhero reacts with the dangers of his abilities.

He can just control electricity through his body and exert the force through only his hands. I have already associated cramps and sharp pains as a result of this power.

I was an avid fan of the NBC show 'Heroes', where one such character Hiro Nakamura had the ability to teleport to different locations without travelling in that direction. In the storyline he had a brain tumour, I was hoping my character would have life-threatening illness or problems because of such ability.

If anybody has any ideas on what health affects could just be caused by teleportating

P.S He has no limit on the distance or frequency of where he can such teleport

Re: Can anyone help?

WonderDrow
Administrator

I would say that teleporting can be rather disorientating.

So I would expect things like dizziness or nausea.

Certainly when before teleporting he has some kind of mental vision of where he will teleport.
Which would avoid that he teleports inside a concrete block.
I image some kind of twirling tunnel vision.

True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Can anyone help?

Gentleman Vaultboy
How did he acquire these abilities?
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?