Hero Vs. Hero...

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

alexander121793@gmail.com
While their not actually heroes I though a fight between these two characters would be interesting.

NARAKU VS OROCHIMARU

Both have 10 days prep

In addition to all their standard powers, weapons, skills ext. they also get to have their minions fight as well.

This fight has three rounds and after each round they get an additional 10 days prep.

Battle takes place in Naraku's castle that is this time stationed in the forest of death

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

Ya know, I actually, don't have an opinion, because I've never watched either show, or read either manga entirely through, but I can actually put it up for debate on the Superpower List's Facebook page. I'll see what more learned minds have to say, okay?

And, of course, folks can also chime in here, if they choose.

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

WonderDrow
Naraku would appear victorious. But that will turn out to be a xanatos gambit from Orochimaru's.

When you compare both characters the personal abilities of the half-human-spiderdemon Naraku outweigh those of Orochimaru's snake themed powers.

But when it comes to sheming and manipulating, Orochimaru is not to be underestimated.
And he has a much more complex personality.

 And as an underestimated anti-villain against a pure villain like Naraku you already know who will come out on top in the end.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

alexander121793@gmail.com
This post was updated on .
I wouldn't underestimate Naraku especially because in my open his by far the better manipulator. The fact that this battle allows minions, 10 days prep, and 3 rounds may give Naraku a slight edge here. He would probably use his standard yet effective strategy. For the record any body who watches Inuyasha should know how effective Naraku's standard strategies are.

I don't think Orochimaru is a pushover however and he has a chance to get the better of Naraku. I actually chose this battle because I think this set up would bring out the best of both

I set up the circumstances of this battle so that they could both use their standard strategies and tactics.

How do you think Orochimaru would handle Naraku's standard strategies and tactics?

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

WonderDrow
Administrator
That's like asking how would to brilliantly deceive a brilliant deceiver.

Maybe we both are not devious enough to think up what they can come up with.

I suspect that Orichimaru would have done more research in demonic seals.
And that he would find some way to place the seal(s) on Naraku or some of his minions.
The purpose of the seal(s) will only reveal long after the battle.
True colours always shine brighter within darkness. ~ WonderDrow ~

Re: Hero Vs. Hero...

alexander121793@gmail.com
You do have a point that it is hard to understand how the battle between these masterminds will playout.

I doubt that strategy will work. Knowing how Naraku operates he will probably have his insect like demons keep an eye on orochimaru's operations and or have his minions fight Orochimaru for him until he can figure out how to overcome Orochimaru's powers. Don't forget one of Naraku's main advantages is that he is not only able to manipulate people but he is able to make himself immune or highly resistant to whatever anybody throws at him. Not to mention his barrier makes reaching him to seal him very hard.

I'm just wondering if Orochimaru can overcome Naraku's strategies and his tendancy to adapt to whatever anybody throws at him.

My best quess is that Naraku will have his minions spy on Orochimaru's operations and test his capabilities while Naraku hides safely in his undetectable castle until he is sure he has found a way to overcome Orochimaru's powers and then he will strike once his minions weaken Orochimaru.That is his standard (538 chaptor long) tactic after all.

Orochimaru is however a good schemer in his own right and he has a tendency to throw a monkey wrench into others plans. I'm just wondering how he will overcome Naraku's bread and butter strategy? I know he can; i'm just wondering how?

Trying to decide this battle is like watching death note depending on the cirsumstance either one can win. While Naraku does have the most cards (e.g. Light Yagami) Orochimaru in the right circumstances could a throw monkey wrench in his plans and come out on top or at least come close (e.g. L).

Personely I think this will end up, forgive me for using a tv tropes term, a gambit pileup and the characters victory hinges on which one of them has a better chance of adapting to the others strategies and tactics.

I think Orochimaru does have one significant advantage over Narkau. Loyal minions, Naraku's minions hate him and are almost always trying to rebel against him while most of Orochimaru's inner circle have an almost fanatical loyalty to him. After all in a battle (s) where minions are allowed to participate loyalty is a big factor. If Naraku's (sentient) minions think Orochimaru might be able to kill him they might switch sides like Kagura did multiple times.

I'm asking for anybodies opinion here. How would in your opinion Orochimaru handle that strategy (which is Naraku's bread and butter)? How do you think Orochimaru would overcome Naraku?

Anybodies opinion on this battle is welcome.
1 ... 11121314