Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

1 ... 21222324252627 ... 51

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Seeing the demented dog had stopped.. whatever it was doing, the dwarf woman gently guided Waverider back to the bed.

The goddess slept again.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

The place was large and virgin, but Khadai was determined to learn it all. Uburra-Namall had described the plan she had in mind, and she wanted so badly to help her sister.

Through the silent, windy forests, over hills across mountains, she had turned invisible, inaudible and intangible, so that none would disturb her path.

And when she had finished surveying her sister's lands, she would infiltrate others, to learn them as well. When it was all said and done...none would be able to avoid her. None to hide from her influence.

She would know every corner of the occupied world, and learn its shortcuts like the back of her hand, to make her travels most efficient...and most deadly.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
Back at the city, the murderous work of rescue was going well. The watchers wrapped themselves around the bigger stones, taking them into themselves to be sorted later, while the watchdogs dug and searched and scampered over the rubble. The people were just beginning to realize that they were not becoming tired. The Watchman was right there beside them, not even bothering to take a mortal form. He wished he could just miracle the damage away, but the wall was linked to Hazet, and Hazet was MIA and in an unknown condition, and to use godly power to interfere may only do more damage to both wall and God.

So he dug, with a strong shovel and his bare hands he dug.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Administrator
Motes Left: 5

Gilgamesh was more in mind to lead the people. If there was a task that required great strength, he would be there, but until then he would use his powers to guide the people. Using the power of the Grand Mind, Gilgamesh connected to the workers that agreed and fueled them with a heroic spirit. Now, not only would they not tire, but they would find that they could achieve much more than they normally could. (+1 mote).
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Mina worked at directing her Yukionna and Yukiotoko who had to use ice magic due to being physically weak. Kagehana worked with Koriko and Fubuki to do large powerful magic with the mages of the city. Mina paused for a second. What was that she had felt? Strife? No, it must have been her imagination...
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
Crav had been busy, very busy. From within his Plane of Crafting he had been working in unison with the fallen crafters of the Durhians to create five very unique and powerful artifacts (- 15 points). First, to provide a single Durhian with unblieveable crafting prowess and incresed strength, Crav Created a hammer. Dubbed the Hammer of Crav, it was placed upon the altar at the top of his mountain for any who were worthy of it.

Secondly, Crav created two totems. One to generate small amounts of resources daily and another to spread inspiration in the area it was placed. He placed the inspiration Totem in a Durhian city and the Resource totem in a remote forest.

Next, Crav crafted a very special pair of goggles. They would grant the user the ability to see past illusions and decietful magics. These he gave to the High priest of his altar.

Finnaly, Crav created a darker artifact. The others were so pure that they had a fair amount of unclean energy left over. Crav placed this into a stone carved with fearful images. Any who would touch the stone would expierence true fear, and if they should survive they would control that fear. Crav hid this stone in a strange sea cave near the edge of his land.

(+1 daily x 3, +2 race x 3, Total: 11)
Praise the Sun

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Khadai would be gone for a good long while as she explored the world. Some places would be uninteresting, even quotidian, while others would be strange, alien and awe-inspiring. The only thing she could count on for sure was that she could count on nothing for sure.

And as for Uburra-Namall, the one thing SHE had not counted on, when she had sent her emissary, was that, in the process, it would leave her bored and lonely again. And so, with a thoughtful sigh, she called up a few of her precious gems. She picked the very best, the brightest, the most brilliant. She summoned a bag to put them all in (along with her magic telescope)...and decided to pay a visit to someone who perhaps could put them to just as good a use as she could (if not better).

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Motes Left: 7

Today, Gilgamesh would create a new Divine Artifact, known as the King's Treasury (-4 motes). A magical orb that would be located in the Plane of Heroes and would help manage his other Divine Artifacts. Such as storing the Divine artifacts, locking those that were in danger in the Plane of Heroes, and altering them so that they may be used by multiple species.

-----------------------------

Later, Gilgamesh traveled to the northern waters, the home of Waverider. The storms still raged from his attack, it would take a long time before the seas were repaired to what they used to be. For now, Gilgamesh would use the Well of Eternities power to create a small oasis for refuge. Magic swirled around Gilgamesh and extended into the sky, bringing down a protective halo of light on the waters below, stilling the area. Now, to find Bazul and Coral somewhere in the waves and bring them here. (+1 mote heroism for creating protected land.)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
(2 motes previously +5 motes, Total: 7 motes)

Something bothered Mina and had been since she'd created Lily and Kyouko. It was the elements of Fire and Ice themselves. Mina drew them in and added them to her domains, making her the Goddess of Demons, Youkai, Shadows, Fire, and Ice (-6 for two more domains). She continued to direct those who were aiding in the reconstruction of Bluebell.

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Marvelous Miscreant
Crav was having a blast. Ever since he had created his artifacts he had been living amongst the Durhians and watching them prosper.
Praise the Sun

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Mik_Hael
Administrator
I arrive on the continent of demons and depart from my monster, leaving it at bay by the shore line, before heading into the continent.

It was in one of the cities that Crav heard news of refugees arriving in one of the coastal cities. Crav traveled immediatly to the city and explored these new races. He welcomed them in disguise and invited them to stay with the Durhians.
Praise the Sun

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Lily and Kyouko step in front of Mik Hael.

Lily: "You leave-"

Kyouko: "Now. You do not have-"

Lily: "Permission to be here."
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Motes Left: 0

(Zale doesn't seem to be on, so I'll get back to searching for Bazul and Coral later)
Gilgamesh's search proves to be futile. The ocean was massive and the two spirits could be lost anywhere within the torrential waters. For now, Gilgamesh would halt his search.

Returning to his continent, Gilgamesh saw that repairs were still under way. The port was in shambles, and the boats crafted by Bazul were lost. The waters had receded from Coral's attack, so repairs were going forward as planned. The other side of the island was slightly scarred around the beach from Gilgamesh's attack, but most of the fires had been directed off the island.

Many of Gilgamesh's people had yet to return to the continent due to the storms. Instead, to help with repairs, Gilgamesh would create a new race, different from the others. This race would appear weaker than the others at first, but they would hold the ability to adapt and channel many different powers. This new race would be called Humans (-3 motes). As with the others, a hero would be raised to guide them. The hero was one of the first humans, one who was attuned to the light. His name was Tirion (-1 Mote, +1 Domain).

Continuing with the theme of adaption, Gilgamesh gathers a female warrior of each species. From them Gilgamesh crafts a new Major Spirit to govern over the Domain of the Body. Each warrior converges together, and afterwards,a human with purple skin covered in white markings remains. This spirit will be known as the Deva, Soul of the World. Being a combination of my different species, the spirit will have the ability to reincarnate into any race I make (-4 motes).
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Uburra-Namall would have no easy time finding Crav among the Durhians. Her perceptions were not used to seeking out men, but rather being sought out by them.

And when she finally arrived in the Durhian land, she found it even harder than normal. Everyone looked like clay!

Oh, indeed! Uburra-Namall grumbled. This is simply ridiculous. He's got to be around here somewhere! Ugh, I hope me finding him is worth it...these gems are getting heavy.

Meanwhile, Khadai made landfall on Mina's land, silent as the wind. The Demonwall was amazing and awe-inspiring from what she saw on her flight in, but she would have to rest a while in the forest before she would be on her a-game among those working on the Demonwall's repair.

She remained imperceptible, and took respite under a tree. Those guys could wait to be messed with until later. She would enjoy the breeze of the day for now.

Slomna... came the whisper on the winds.

"Huh?" Khadai sat up, "Who's there???"

She looked about, a bit dismayed. But then, having taken a brief look around the area where she rested, she decided it must have been the wind. She sat back down and reluctantly closed her eyes for rest.

(Pay no mind to that word, folks, just a hint of things to come...and no points expended, still one [1] left )

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Motes Left: 1

Before leaving my land, I create another Divine Artifact (-4 motes). An Elemental Forge that would reside partially in the Physical Plane and partially in the Plane of the Genasi. Those that use the forge will be able to empower their objects with the Divine Artifacts energy so long as I will it (Can be used to gain buff once by each person). I walk into a pool of molten materials from the Plane of the Genasi, and the elemental enchantments of the materials melds with the Golden Dragon Scale Armor that I am wearing. Bahamut and Yojimbo would have to follow later.

As I am leaving, I retire Gilgamesh the Second to the Plane of Heroes for the time being. As a bodyless spirit, I pass to the red crystal mountain, carrying my Divine Artifact with me and fuse with the Shardmind hero, Naram, causing his eyes to glow red. Using the power of the King's Treasury Divine Artifact, I reshape my gold armor to fit my new body. Once combined, I set out to see what repairs need to be done to the world.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Marvelous Miscreant
(+1 daily, +2 race, Total: 14)

Once the refugees had been invited into the city Crav disposed of his mortal guise and slipped away from the hsutle and bustle to the skies above his city. In the guise of a bird he gazed down upon the city. Suddenly, he noticed an out of place female searching about the city. She was so beautiful, Crav Identified her as a goddess almos immediatly. Crav glided down to greet this visitor.
Praise the Sun

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Mik_Hael
I sit down in front of the two.

"I wish to have a discussion with your master."

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
(1 mote previously, +5 motes. Total: 6 motes)

As Mik Hael sits down, a howling starts up and carries on.

Lily: "If mistress wishes to speak to -"

Kyouko: "You it will be elsewhere. Leave now-"

Lily: "Or else."

---------------------------------------

The howling is heard by those at Bluebell having been heard and retransmitted by Raiju after Raiju. Mina stops working, "Kagehana. I'm leaving. Watch over those working here and aid them. Someone has entered my territory and won't leave. I shall aid Lily and Kyouko after I create the Heart of Gravity."

Metal starts to come out of the earth and forms into a broadsword (-4 motes). Mina grabs onto it and she flies off to see who would be foolish enough to enter her territory unbidden.

(Total: 2 motes)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Watchman through all of his strength into lifting the rubble, straining his real enough muscles to their limit. This chunk was big, and to try to dig it out might cause it to shift, crushing those trapped beneath it. I had fallen on a building, but voice could be heard under it, in the basement. Finally, slowly, it lifter to reveal them.

The rescuers acted quickly, bravely diving in and evacuating the basement. The last of them, a Yukionna clutching a small Draemar child tightly to her chest, nodded to him. Relieved, the Watchman was about to let it fall, when a voice called out.

"Stop, don't move, hold that pose!"

The Watchman, mind trying to process the fact that someone had given him an order, was surprised when a Durhian entered his view, wearing a strange box around his neck.

"Beautiful, just beautiful. MISS COULD YOU STAY RIGHT THERE PLEASE! Good, okay, don't move." he said, holding the box up to his face. Suddenly there was a blinding flash, causing the Watchman to drop the building. It thundered down to a wail of shirking stone, and collapsed what was left of the basement. The child began to cry, the woman trying her best to calm it. She walked off to find where they were treating the injured, deciding that here wasn't the place to be right now.

"You," The Watchman sought words," You.... You! Do you have any idea...."

But the mortal payed him no heed. Instead, he stuck out his hand, "Name's Tomes, Pessimal Tomes, Special corespondent for the Cravian Daily. Was supposed to be up here doing an expose on the Free Cities, but then, well, this happened."

"What was that Flash?"

"Oh, that? That was just my iconograph. It captures events, then we can print them in the paper. A little thing of my own design.  Not to toot my own horn, but that one is going to come out well. You better believe that's front page material. You, a God, come down from on high to help us like this. The ice gal holding the kid in the background, freshly rescued. Oh yes, this picture is going to be remembered. I'm actually hoping to get the others on film too, Mina and that Gilgamesh fellow."

It had been so long The Watchman has almost forgotten how much he loved the Durhians. Leave it to them to take the newspaper, and make it better by adding pictures.

"By the way, sir," he said, taking a pencil and notepad out from behind his ear, "I was wondering if I could get a statement. There are a ton of conflicting reports of the gods going to war, some rouge monster stirring up trouble. Some are blaming the demons. Other people think this is a sigh of the end times. I was wondering, as a god, if you could clarify things for us."

This was tricky ground, How was he supposed to tell the world that a fight had fueled all this destruction. He decided to play it safe.

"The God's will be meeting in council soon. An official statement will be released then."

"Oh, so you guys have time to come up with a convincing cover story?"

This Mortal! Unbelievable!

"Trust me, Pessimal, what the world gets will be the truth. On my honer, I swear it. Now, if you'll excuse me."

The Watchman took flight, looking for more people to help and thinking of the reporter. The gal of that man, the nerve he must have to call a god a liar to his face.

The Watchman quite liked this man. He would have to keep an eye on him in the future.