Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

1 ... 37383940414243 ... 51

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Uburra-Namall returned in a month's time to the land of her beloved Boquabians, and called her siblings and her daughters to her side; she was yet again amazed.

The Boquabians, blessed from afar by Jassi, had not stopped to rest since Uburra-Namall had given her decree. Day and night, they labored and toiled to their hearts' content, and had gone from primitive to intelligent in what seemed like no time.

Some labored physically, others educated the children, still others provided food and drink, and still others made themselves useful gathering more information to educate the students and the others.

They had developed their earlier calendar into a much more effective one, capable of predicting eclipses and phases of the moon. They had made great use of the gardening skills Jassi had taught them, and discovered many creative and unique recipes to make of the food resources they had grown, gathered and hunted. They had completed a map of The Island's shape, and were working diligently to make out the features within. And among the many buildings they had constructed, there were temples to Uburra-Namall, to Jassi and to Jissei.

Khadai looked at them, though, and noticed something strange. In their worship, and in their everyday praise of the deities, they never once mentioned her, or Vai, or Prasim, or Eda, or Desra, or Nasta, or Slomna or Indiva. None of them had any hope to be blessed by Khadai or her Seven-Sin maidens! What an insult!

"What is the meaning of this?" Khadai turned back to Uburra-Namall, "Those ungrateful mortals! They have the nerve! The gall! The audacity! Refusing to offer me even the slightest bit of praise!"

Uburra-Namall shrugged her shoulders innocently, "I simply don't know, Khadai. I simply don't know. I mean...maybe they forgot?"

Khadai fumed, "What?! Forgot?! Forgot ME? I'll show them! Come, Handmaidens! It is time to journey out into the world!"

The Temptress stormed off the mountain, trailing downward as an incorporeal spirit, not even turning to see if her handmaidens followed. And as soon as Khadai and the others were nearly gone, Nasta stayed behind a moment longer and winked to Uburra-Namall before going to catch up to her mistress.

When they had gone, Jassi walked up to Uburra-Namall, who tried her best to remain innocent.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

"Uburra-Namall!" Jassi began, putting her hands on both hips, "Don't tell me you did what I think you did!"

"Whatever do you mean?" Uburra-Namall replied sweetly, nonchalantly going about the nonexistent task of straightening things up in her palace, "What do you think I did?"

"Oh, come off it, you eye-fluttering floosie." Jissei crossed his arms, rolled his eyes and leaned back on a marble pillar of Uburra-Namall's palace with a scoff, "It's obvious what you did...you erased the mortals' memories of ever meeting Khadai or her handmaidens. Their lack of worship for Khadai and her handmaidens, with help from Nasta's subtle influence, would enrage Khadai enough to go down and inflict sin on the mortals. This way, Khadai would be willing to inflict sin on them, and put them in real danger of being afflicted by me, without going soft on them. Furthermore, her impulsive, vindictive temper means she'd never ask any of them why they didn't worship her, so she'd NEVER be any the wiser to your plan. Not to mention, when they encountered sin, they would blame everything on random circumstance, not to intervention of any influence divine or undivine."

"It's so...so insidious..." Jassi crossed her arms and eyed Uburra-Namall in dismay.

"I know." Jissei snickered, "It's bloody brilliant."

"I know, isn't it?" Uburra-Namall chuckled, before catching sight of Jassi menacing her and becoming serious again, "And besides, anyhow, it's perfectly fine. If all goes according to plan, then the mortals will realize their need for Jassi's virtues and my affections, and avoid Khadai's influences all the better. And when they falter, I'll be here to receive them again...granted they ask nicely and sincerely. I mean, really, think about it...what could possibly go wrong?"

(Current Points: Six [6])

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Just as Khadai and her handmaidens headed off into the world to test those ungrateful Boquabians, there would arrive a strange dog. No mouth, and it had a piece of something fastened under its ear.

Jassi greeted the dog, kneeling cheerfully to pet it, and Jissei gently slipped the something free from the Dog's ear.

"What's this, then?" He scanned the piece of paper, "Looks like some Watchman fellow is sending us an invitation to a tournament being held by some Gilgamesh fellow. Well, that's junk mail for sure--"

"No, wait!" Uburra-Namall caught his hand as Jissei was on the verge of casting the paper off the mountain, "I know the Watchman! And he's inviting us to some place to mingle with Gilgamesh and the others? Perfect; I've been waiting to get a good look at all their shiny new toys--er, I mean, I've been meaning to compare notes with them about their creatures and races and artifacts."

Jissei scoffed. Compare notes, his right eye.

"So, then. It sounds like we're headed to some competition, huh?" Jissei crossed his arms, looking disdainfully at the Dog, "Okay, then, dog-thing, you can leave now."

The Dog frowned at Jissei.

"But, it says here", Jassi interrupted, as Jissei and Uburra-Namall were preparing to go, "Uburra-Namall needs to bring a hero with her. Some being of great integrity and grace and moral fiber."

"And style and beauty." Uburra-Namall volunteered, "Don't forget style and beauty."

"And, maybe strategy?" Jissei looked to either side of him at his sisters, "And perhaps FIGHTING SKILL?"

"Ahem. Right." agreed Uburra-Namall, thoughtfully. Certainly all that was important to this competition, too. And so, it was settled. This new being would be male, and so the love-goddess turned and plucked a hair from Jissei's head, causing him to wince and menace her angrily. This being would be tough and angry, and so the Seductress snapped her finger; Nasta gave a yelp in the distance, and a strand of Nasta's hair appeared in Uburra-Namall's hand. He would have some capability for goodness (or at least good intentions), and so she asked Jassi only to touch the hairs. After crushing the hairs into a fine powder, she looked around, thinking...

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Who to bestow with the honor of being her warrior?

Would she make a whole 'nother being, and give it power? No. A being with no race to call its own might get lonely. And she wouldn't have the patience to deal with a whole new race, at least until the first had run its course. She would go about this the right way. She would work with the resources she already had.

That meant she would descend to the mortals as they slept and choose one of them to train. Khadai had yet to reach them, and so the love goddess would hurry down and meet them first. She would appear as a dream to the Leader of the Boquabians, and ask for his eldest son. His beauty was unsurpassed of the other boys in that tribe, and with her blessing, he would be the perfect ambassador of the Boquabians' island.

Naturally, the Leader of the Boquabians accepted the honor. And so, Uburra-Namall took the young Boquabian boy into her warm embrace, and the two disappeared to Uburra-Namall's mountaintop home with a bright and rapturous rush of wind.

He was a handsome adolescent; about Jissei's height, athletic build, with light blue skin, white hair, green eyes and angular spots of darker blue freckling his shoulders and upper back. His name was Tyran.

He would be nourished with only food from Uburra-Namall's realm; Jassi would refresh him about what she had taught his people when it came to philosophy and morals and values; and when she was done with that, she would help Jissei teach the boy some ingenious combination of good and evil that they had devised together; what the two had named affectionately a 'martial art'.

Some special ways to strike, and avoid strikes, and block strikes and take strikes in stride. If he had learned anything, he would be able to hold his own in most any fight. And, after training in Uburra-Namall's realm for a preternatural equivalent of nine months, building both brain and brawn, he had finally reached the level where he was almost good enough to take on Jassi and Jissei's mortal forms (even at the same time, if he was on his top game).

Yes, now...it was time.

Uburra-Namall woke him gently from his sleep on a cloud, the night of his last lesson, and pulled him affectionately into her embrace. He had succeeded, as she hoped the rest of his race to do. His life was not entirely done quite yet, of course, but it was certainly off to a good start! She pulled out the dust that she had made from before, and showed it to Tyran.

"Look, young warrior," She smiled, "It is the essence of Evil, combined together with the essence of Wrath. But the wearer is master of his clothes, not the clothes master of their wearer. It is all in how you USE what you have been dealt. Wear this gift, and let the goodness in your heart guide you, and you will turn a foe's own evil against him..."

Tyran marveled, "I...I don't know what to say. I'll gladly wear whatever you make of this dust!"

Uburra-Namall hugged him again...then she held the dust up to her face, and blew with gentlest breath...The dust was caught up in a powerful and exhilarating wind, which swirled all around the young Boquabian and held him aloft. His clothes were all swept away, and he blushed at the goddess seeing him naked (trying to cover himself sheepishly), but soon realized he had nothing to worry about; she had closed her eyes. Her power was at work.

Tyran's body glowed, and the dust diminished more and more, until at last the dust had cleared, and he was let back down to his feet. His body was now clothed in some strange pieces of metal, he noticed. Made to resemble...clothes? No, Jassi and Jissei called it armor. Tyran marveled at the metal 'ar-more' and wondered what it was supposed to do.

"It's suppose to keep you from taking so much damage." Jissei offered nonchalantly.

"But..." Tyran wondered, "That's why I put up my hands to block, isn't it? And my skin is plenty tough."

"Well, this is in case you leave an opening." Jassi sighed with a smile, "In case your skin isn't tough enough. And in case you're too slow to block what your foes have to throw at you."

"They...they'll throw things at me?!" Tyran's eyes went wide, and he became angry at the thought of people throwing things at him for no reason, "Then I will throw things at them as well!" He picked up a chunk of sapphire, twice his size, that Uburra-Namall had left over from her statues, and hurled it over the mountainside, down into some forest or other.

"It's...it's just an expression, kid..." Jissei put his face in his palm.

"Oh." Tyran looked down sheepishly as the piece of sapphire fell, "Then...I should probably go and get that."

Uburra-Namall cocked an accusatory eyebrow, "You'd better." His expression fell into a frown, and she brightened again, "But, we'll worry about that later. For now...last minute preparations before we leave for our meeting with Gilgamesh and the other gods. You've gotten bigger, stronger, faster, tougher, and I want to show off just what you can do."

(Six [6] points minus three [3] points for the combined Miracle of transporting Tyran the Boquabian to the top of Uburra-Namall's mountain; Tyran's armor is free, because it is an amalgam of different tough metals, but in itself, is mundane; leaving me with three [3] points)

EDIT: (No points expended, as Raise Hero falls under Uburra-Namall's Inherent Powers, and thus she has no need to spend points on that action. Nor does she need to expend points on a Miracle. Still have six [6] points.)

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Mina looked at her three heroes who would be entering into the tournament: Kagehana, Nayotake no Hime, and Taro. Behind them were Fubuki, Koriko, Kira and half of the population of the village of snow.

Mina: "Alright, then you three will be going, but not with me. I have chosen a mortal to be my Avatar at the neutral city of the Watchman's. My chosen Avatar's name is Mikoto, a Yukionna, and I feel that she will do well."

The village gasped and turned to Mikoto whose mouth fell open as she started to protest, "M-m-my l-lady! I'm not w-w-worthy of this honor! I-i-i~"

Mina: "Nonsense. You are worthy of being my Avatar. I have watched all of those in this village and I feel that you are the best choice. Now come here."

Mikoto walks forward to Mina and Mina lays her hands on Mikoto's shoulders. She then lets loose some of her divine power into Mikoto turning her into an Avatar (-1 mote). She then blessed Mikoto with increased intelligence and raised her physical strength to be capable of picking up and pulverizing boulders (-0 motes, 1 Inherent Blessing, 1 Inherent Miracle). Lily and Kyouko also gave their blessings as well: Greatly increased magical reserves and power as well as increased physical speed (-0 motes, 2 Inherent Miracles). The contingent would leave once the heroes were finished training for the tournament.

(Total: 4 motes)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Motes Left: 0

It had taken quite some time, but finally the grand arena was finished. My own heroes, except the two unable to attend, would be arriving shortly and the matches would be able to created as soon as the others arrived.

To mark this occasion, I create four Minor-Spirits for myself. To watch over my continent while I am gone. Four large sentinels, to watch over the corners of my land as unrelenting guardians. These spirits would have powers different than any other spirit I had created before. They would wield the power of the void to hinder my enemies.

Name: Sentinels (x4)
Domains: Void
Available Actions
Inherit powers: Tier 1 (Bless, Curse)
Tier Two Action: Smite
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Of course, if this is going to a festival, we're going to needs guides, caretakers, people to operate food stalls, people to clean up."

Watching the construction of Gild arena, the Watchman and his new sidekick were planning.

"So, why don't you just make some, like you made me."

"Not a bad idea, Girl."

The Watchman drew in some of his power, and began forming his next group of servitors. This group was , physically at least, quite smiler to himself, Grey cloaks covering grey humanoid bodies. But on there masks were two black slit, symbolizing eyes.

"You never gave us eyes.'

"You wouldn't be interacting with the people on a constant basis. Mortals feel uncomfortable when something doesn't have eyes. These will walk among the people in this city, maintaing the temples, roads and gardens, catching those who break the law, and, in this case, helping the people set up and run their stands, shops, and eateries."

'So there true servants?"

"No, not really. Their true job is to listen to those that come to this City to worship, to hear their opinions and thoughts on world events. They are my Witnesses!" he says, with great flourish.

"You know, you can be really corny sometimes." The former watcher says, snickering.

(-3, 17 left.)
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

(Six [6] points.)

"All right, so what else do we need before we leave, Mistress?" Tyran looked up to the love goddess and she looked around. What else did she need before they left?

She headed over to her Telescope, and looked into it. The vision of Sapphire, to the West, allowed her to perceive goings-on in Gilgamesh's land. Things were certainly happening there. And there seemed to be many heroes. Many.

Sad to say, Tyran would not be enough. She would need others of similar stripes. To her fortune, it was only another day passed in the mortal world, with nightfall fast approaching. Khadai had set up her camp, but had yet to strike the mortals with her wiles. And so Uburra-Namall sent down her essence again as a dream.

And this time, she would require four more to be raised as heroes like Tyran. But, for fairness' sake, Jassi suggested this time, that she not go to the same household. After all, the other elders had sons and daughters as well.

So it was decided.

From another family was taken a shorter, leaner boy than Tyran; he was called Bo, he had light orange skin with light blue hair and gray eyes. Whereas Tyran was strong and tough, he was fast, and his reflexes were quick.

From a third family came a taller boy, skinnier even than Bo; his name was Zai, he had yellow skin with pale green hair, and red eyes. Tyran was powerful, and Bo was quick, but he could outthink either of them any day.

The fourth family's eldest was a female, looking to be in the middle of her youthful years; her name was Mina and she had light purple skin, with electric pink hair and golden eyes. She was agile and dextrous, a natural acrobat.

That left the fifth and last of those chosen by Uburra-Namall. He was thick and hearty of frame, with tough features; his name was Revei, and he had sickly-green skin with red eyes and hair that was black with naturally-red tips. He could fly.

After these were called up to join their comrade Tyran in the clouds, they were introduced to the other deities immediately, and welcomed to make themselves at home. When the Sun rose on the mortal plane, their training would begin; nine preternatural months in the Plane of Love, just like Tyran. He would even help Jassi and Jissei with training his new brothers-in-arms.

And when they arrived back to the mortal realm, after the following daybreak and impending nightfall, Uburra-Namall did as she had with Tyran, taking hairs from Nasta and Jissei, and blessed them all with armor. But, she looked at them this time, and they seemed somehow...incomplete. Even Tyran looked like he was missing something.

"What is it, Mistress?" Tyran asked of the love goddess, "Have any of us done anything to displease my lady?"

"I'll bet it was Revei..." Mina chuckled, "I told him his flight pattern was faulty."

"HEY!" Revei rebutted.

Uburra-Namall put up a hand, "No, no, that's not it. I think you're all just missing some...last...final..touch--AHA! That's it!"

She rushed over to the pile of gems, and then called up some of the metals she had sent into the ground so long ago. She snapped her fingers and they went back to dust of the earth. They swirled around her hands, and glowed like stardust, before surrounding the young warriors' hands and taking strange, new shapes. When it was all done, the young heroes marveled.

"Wha--what is THIS?" Revei gaped.

Mina wondered, "What am I to do with these?

Zai was excited, "Oh, I like this!"

"Very nice." Bo examined the object he held.

"Another object." Tyran looked his over, "What is this for?"

Jissei smiled wickedly; Uburra-Namall had been listening to his suggestions after all. He stepped forward to explain.

"Ah, yes, these. Well, you see, students...these are what your kind, mortals, call weapons. You, Revei the Brave, wield the Mallet, Geranfeit'r ("Grandfather"). It may not be the quickest, but it takes wisdom to use in combination with your flight, and when it connects, it connects. You, Mina the Sly, wield the Twin Tessen, Perincessai ("Princesses"). They are beautiful to look at, but sharp and deadly, just like you. Zai the Thinker, you wield the Mace, Tereiein ("Tree"); with a sharp mind and a blunt strike, you will always stand. Bo the Quick, you wield the Bo Staff, Victoraiyein ("Victory"); think quick, move quicker, and Victory will always be yours."

The heroes marveled at their weapons, and humbly accepted the titles bestowed on them. Jissei was not the type to easily give out compliments.

"That leaves Tyran." He began again, "You, Tyran the Strong, wield the Greatsword, Babaraina ("Barbarian"). For the lives of allies, wield it as an angel. Against the lives of foes, wield it as a demon. Be a soldier in times of battle, and a barbarian in times of war."

(No points expended. And if these weapon names sound familiar, note me in the OOC thread, and I'll tell you why.)

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
(4 motes previously +3 motes, Total: 7 motes)

The contingent was finally ready to leave, but Mina had one last thing to give to Mikoto for the trip.

Mina: "Before you all leave, I have something for you Mikoto."

Mikoto: "What is it you have for me, ma'am?"

Mina pulls out from the Shadowscape a scythe formed from fire and ice intertwined (-6 motes, Artifact). She hands the scythe to Mikoto.

Mikoto: "Wha-wha-what is this???"

Mina: "This will be the weapon that you will be using. You get to name it yourself. As for what it does, it is a scythe made of nevermelting ice and eternal fire. Its ability, though is to be able to slash through anything physical that prevents its wielder from getting to their goal, so long as it is weaker than a minor god or not another Artifact."

Mikoto: "I shall treasure this Ma'am."

Mina: "See you all later!"

The contingent leaves by way of the Shadow-Scarreds' shadow powers to arrive at the city of the Watchman after multiple rests.

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Watchman waited at the gates, his young ward with him. Finally, the contingent of watches he had sent out had arrived.

One of the flouted down. It was the one with the crone voice.

"Sir, we have done as you requested. Exquisite food, all bought and paid for from dedicated yet down on their luck farmers."

"Excellent, carry it inside. The witnesses will know what to do with it."

The watcher bowed it's head and lead the others inside. He would have to keep his eye on that one. The others looked to it for guidance and advise. In a way, it was their leader, not he.

But the time for introspection was done, for out of the nearest shadow came Mina's delegation. The Watchman happily strode up to them. "Ladies and Gentleman, it is a pleasure to have you here in the worlds city..."

"Spectropolis!" The former watcher cut him off.

He rounded on her and managed ,with some effort, to give her a look. She shot a wide smile back at him. He turned back to Mikoto.

"Yes, Spectropolis." he deadpans. "I am the Watchman, creator of this city. This is my young ward, The Babysitter."

"WHAT!"

"It is an honor, and a pleasure." He takes Mikoto's hand kisses it. Or at least, make the motions associated with doing so. "I presume that your mistress will be joining us later?"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Mikoto: "I do not know whether she will or not. Even if Lady Mina decides not to join us, you can rest assured that I can act as her proxy for I am her Avatar."
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Very well. Witnesses!" He calls, and out come a dozen or so of them. "The witnesses will take your luggage and show you to your rooms. I've take the liberty of placing you in the building closest to the temple of Mina, if that's all right. Dinner will be meals will be served at the appointed times and in the meantime all members of you delegation are free to wander the city. There's not much to do yet but stroll in the parks and swim in the pools, but I hope to change that once people start living here proper."

The Servitors show the group inside, and leave The Watchman and The Babysitter standing alone.

"The Babysitter!?"

"Spectropolis?"

"At least Spectropolis sounds cool!"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Mikoto and the rest of the group fall asleep within seconds of being shown to their quarters.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
Motes Left: 3

"Watchman" I ask after I return to him "It is my understanding that you won't have a hero to enter into the tournament. If you would take on the job of judge for the matches, then the tournament could truly begin."

"Well, I do always try to be impartial in my decisions. Fine, but only if the others agree to the appointment. Also, that exhibition match with those Goliath from the quarry? Is that still on? If so, give me their names. It would make a good halftime show."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Mik_Hael
"Good, great job, it appears that you all are ready for anything that comes your way."

1: "Yeah, Kick@$$"

"1 what did I tell you about cursing."

1: Sorry

"Alright then, wait in the castle and we'll leave as soon as I've made preparations....." As the 4 leave for the castle an idea strikes me. Perhaps I can enter a few more as well, couldn't hurt. "Grace! come here." A quiet darn it is heard from the edge of the castle. I rip open a tear in space and walk into Grace's hiding space, startling her terribly.

Grace: "NO, not again, I'm still hearing voices from when you made the four into heroes."

"If you cooperated I wouldn't have to use my authority over you, now come on, I have to visit the elementals."'

Grace: "Aw, do we have to."

"Yes."

I stand before the four monarchs of the elementals and the greatest fighting pair of the holy knights. "Greetings, I have called you hear today to my abode in order to give you the greatest privaledge, from this day forward, all of you shall be heroes of your races, and you shall never age from this day onward. In addition, i would like to tell you of an event which should peak your interest. There is a fighting tournament, held by a god in a land far from here, it is a test of strength and intelligence, in which the greatest warriors of this earth shall participate. If you wish you all may be a part of this tournament. What do you say."

Juggler: "Sounds rightous, I'm in."

Archiver: "It would be an excellent chance to gain data on different species....very well I shall participate."

Acrobat: "Will there be cake?"

"Most likely yes."

Acrobat: Cool I'm in.

Gardener: Whatever.

Ace: "Sounds like a great challenge, you can count on it that both of us will be there, right Merva?"

Merva: Nods.

"Great, in that case we shall leave post haste."

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Philote
"Eglath, Vimak, and Nalla are the ones you are referring to I believe."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

"Thank the gods we are off that boat. I was about to kill Thram." A Draemar woman dressed in colorful robes, covered in jewelry walks slowly towards the city of Spectropolis. Next to her speeds a dwarf man dressed in darkly colored clothing.

"Can you.. slow down? My legs aren't as long as yours." He gasped.

"Sorry, Drav." She pauses to allow him to catch his breath, silently wondering what possessed Hazet to create a race nearly seven feet tall and a race less five.

Once he had time to collect himself, Drav spoke again.

"So.. This mage bothers you?"

"No, not at all, that's why I set him on fire twice. Just being friendly." Amalia replied, voice dripping sarcasm.

"Right. Must be a former love-"

"Complete that sentence and spend the rest of your life as a toad."

"All right." He muttered. "Someone's touchy."

Amalia paused to glance back at the Dwarf. "Let's just keep walking. I trust that someone will carry your armor up?"

"Of course." Drav rolled his eyes. They would still be on the boat if Amalia hadn't insisted they get off.

"Alright, were here." Me and my small group of gods and heroes appear on the arena. "...not bad." I say admiring the architecture, upon observing a passing group I catch sight of the watcher. "Hey Watcher what's up, I heard through the hub that you've christened a new god."

Re: Lords of Creation (New Story Thread)

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Yeah, them. They still up for it? I won't feel right until they've had a chance to have a proper go at me."

Meanwhile, miles up the road from the city, the representatives of the Free Cities walked the long road to Spectropolis. In the distance, they could spy one of the rivers that served as the water routs into the city  itself. All along it's banks, Witnesses word diligently, sowing crops that would, hopefully, make the city habitable.

It was not long before they became aware a cadre of distant figures sprinting up behind them. As the approached, the group slowed to keep pace with them. At the lead was a rather exited Durhian. Accompanying him were several others of his race, as well as a single Dwarf.

"Hello, I say, hello!" The lead Durhian said as it feel into step with the fighters. "Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Had expected to be the first one here. Tell me, are you Gods? Or just Fighters? Who do you represent?" The man had taken out a small notebook and pencil he had been carrying behind his ear.