Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Locked 1000 messages Options
1 ... 18192021222324 ... 50

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

"Fascinating." spoke Linessa, bright-eyed at the white goddess' beautiful simplicity, before continuing to ramble on for another couple minutes about herself and Rox and Gosso and her friends and family and past and present and future and interests and hobbies and likes and dislikes and religious beliefs and aspirations in life...

Bo the Quick zoomed out into the stadium as a show of his powers, and took a bow at all sides of him as the crowds cheered. And in the middle of their cheering, Revei descended from on high like a feather plucked from a Pegasus wing. He landed and the two menaced one another with cocky looks in their eyes.

It had been a while since the last time they had sparred (or as Bo liked to call it, the last time he whooped Revei like a stray dog with the mange).

Revei looked at the crowd behind Bo, and Bo looked at the crowd behind Revei, each trying their best not to think about who would win or who would lose. If anything, it was more important to imagine that they would be the winner, and then envision how to get there and make their imagining a reality. Jassi's visualization technique had yet to fail them.

The horns signaled to start the match, and neither would pull any punches.

Naturally, Bo's technique was to rush the flier, and bulldoze through him, as he had in the past, but Revei was ready for him, taking off with a burst of power into the air, and allowing him to come to a stumbling, fumbling, bumbling stop. He never was good at stopping.

And while Bo tried to stop himself proper, Revei would dive in with the mallet, Geranfeit'r, hoping to bean his speedy rival over the head one good time.

Too late, Bo, had already zipped out of the way, getting in a good jab of his bo staff. He completed his beeline, and skidded to another stop, sharply skidding across the arena dirt. He turned and rushed for him again, using his speed for short jumping bursts. A bang here, a clang there, thrust, lunge, parry, duck, dodge, bob, weave, before the exchange had become more tiring to Bo than Revei, who only had to defend and stay afloat.

It infuriated the hot-tempered speedster.

"Come down, you aerodynamic idiot!" Bo taunted as Revei hovered a good ten feet off the ground, "Face me like a true Boquabian!"

The crowd roared; Revei didn't seem the type to take that kind of insult, especially to his patriotism.

And so the flier drifted downward, without a word, and planted his feet firmly. Bo smirked.

"That's more like it."

And he took off for the grounded flier, with his bo staff cocked back for a good whacking. He would only have a slight instant to realize his fatal mistake; Revei had gotten too close to the wall...and he wasn't entirely on the ground. The flier was still hovering, his flight power at the ready.

Just in time, quick as that annoying mosquito that barely eludes your hateful swat, Revei bolted upward, allowing the bumbly, fumbly, stumbly Bo crash face-first into the wall of the arena. The arena felt for him, all giving a collective pained "OOOOOOOOOooooooohhhh....."

Revei crossed his arms suspiciously, unsure if Bo would get up. The speedy little stinker wouldn't go down easily, but he had taken a rather hard hit, and so he didn't know if perhaps Bo still had some juice left in him. The announcer nearly called Bo out...when he barely pulled himself from the imprint he left in the wall, to stand a final time. The crowd was unsure of what he would do, and so they were quiet. He quickly put their suspicions to rest...by collapsing.

Revei looked around to the cheering crowds, and then down at Bo. After a polite gesture to acknowledge their cheering, he extended a hand to help the speedster up, as the medics came to claim him for the infirmary. The two shared an unfamiliar departing glance; not of anger or malice, but a new respect. One very different from what Bo had for him before. Not that he was simply a peer, or a fellow pupil, but that they were equals...and comrades.

Even more so, finally Revei had thought of a way to beat Bo, and shut his cocky mouth up. It was a shame he had to end it the way he did, but at least it was ended with one conclusion in mind; the two were both good at what they did. And with further help and training from Uburra-Namall and the Twins, they'd only get better. Together.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
(10 motes previously+3 motes, Total: 13 motes)

Mikoto watched as the fight ended and hoped that neither side was hurt too badly. As she did so, she wondered where her half-Yukionna, half-Lycanthrope great-niece had gotten to. Rubi couldn't have wandered too far hopefully... hopefully being the key word.

---------------------------------------

Lily and Kyouko continued watching the construction as they cast two more Miracles (-0 motes, Inherent for both). The first gave the Yukionna and Yukiotoko of medium or higher power wings of ice that they could control the size and durability of. The second gave the imps of medium or higher power a perfect memory with perfect recall.

---------------------------------------

Mina, Suna, and Illusia stopped casting Miracles for the moment. Mina wanted to quickly do something else. She concentrated on all the light around the three of them and as she did so, elf-like beings with extremely white skin appeared, these would be the Light-Scarred, the opposites of and complements to the Shadow-Scarred (-6 motes, Create Race). As the Light-Scarred appeared, light appeared above the group in a brilliant aurora as Light became yet another of Mina's domains (-6 motes, Gain Domain). In order to make them capable of equaling the Shadow-Scarred, Mina and Illusia cast 2 Miracles on the Light-Scarred (-0 motes, Inherent for both). The first gave them the power to control light and the second gave teleportation to anywhere light touched in a 100 metre radius. However, in order to prevent a union between a Light-Scarred and Shadow-Scarred, Suna cast a Smite that prevented the Light-Scarred and Shadow-Scarred from having children together (-0 motes, Inherent). Mina then raised a hero from the Light-Scarred, Hikaru the Light's Flower (-0 motes, Inherent).

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Rubi walked around, admiring the architecture of the city of Spectropolis. Mikoto, her great-aunt, had told her not to stray too far from the stadium or the group, but who cares? Mikoto's generation was the first one sure but they'd never been this far from home and who knew if they'd ever come again? It was a chance she'd take, that she wouldn't get hurt or in a fight, but if she did, then so be it. A little fight couldn't hurt. Rubi wandered a little ways out of Spectropolis and into the desert. There wasn't anything growing out there and it was hot. Not much in way of cover to keep cool in and just sand stretching out into all directions other than the city and a castle. Rubi looked at the desert for a little while before walking back  into Spectropolis which was far more interesting and had far more to do within it.

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Philote
Motes Left: 43

The already summoned Emere strode out into the arena, his orb implement levitated from his hand by tendrils of flame. His body its normal red coloring.

Deva pondered as she examined Pike. "You are one of the mightiest creatures in the sea" she stated "So, you should carry the sea's power even while you are on land."

She placed her hand on Pike's body and pushed her energy into him. "Your kind will reflect the nature of the sea in their bodies, and the sea's strength will be at their disposal" (Inherent Miracle).

"Your kind will even be able to attune to other creatures of the sea through a tattoo of that creature on their body" Deva informed "Now, you are going to be late for your match. You better hurry out to the arena."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Mizuna finished her work on her last patient for the time being. The **** fool had scraped his knee on a rock and had wanted the healers to heal the scrape cleanly without leaving a scar. Not ******* happening while she was a healer, because a bandage with a little salt would fix the **** wound nicely AND it would keep the loser from coming back to her with minor wounds again. Ah, how nice it was to kill 2 ****** birds with one ******* stone...

---------------------------------------

Kiara Oda (Yukionna) worked on making a meal for her family's dinner that night and idly wondered how her daughter, Rubi, was doing. The girl had been quite eager to go out and see the city of Spectropolis with her great-aunt. Hopefully, she'd be careful and not do anything too dangerous... Ah! She'd almost burnt the bread! Thank goodness it wasn't burnt. It just wouldn't do to have burnt bread, not with the dinner she had planned for herself and Rubi's father, Seigen (Lycanthrope). She'd promised she'd make a good meal, despite him being a better cook... Aaaaaah! The butter in the pan had completely vaporized and it was that they had! How was she going to cook the crêpes? What to do, what to do....

---------------------------------------

Kira walked back to the construction site of the Core Temple with both vittles and water as well as clothes for herself, Mizuna, and Koneko. It was time to chase both down and see how they looked in these new clothes...

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Philote
Gilgamesh tapped on the Soul Gem in his chest. The tournament was an excellent fuel for his powers, he thought, he should not let it go to waste. So, while he waited for his hero's match to begin, he contacted those capable in his pantheon and set about improving his creations.

His own miracle would allow the weaker members of his pantheon to share in some of the Soul Gems power. The Sprites would be able to merge into a new creature, Nova, and the Sentinels would be able to combine to form the Sentinels, Void of Worlds and Void of Heavens (Inherent Miracle)

Lore's miracle would allow those chosen to follow in the teachings of one of Gilgamesh's pantheon and mimic their strength (Inherent Miracle).

Finally, Deva's Miracle would allow the races greater ability to work together, should they chose. They would, through cooperation or conflict, be able to adapt the traits of another race into their own (Inherent Miracle).
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

"Thank you goddess." Pike said as he bowed in honor before rising to leave.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Philote
Administrator
Emere watched as the shark man joined him on the field.  "Welcome. So, you are to be my second opponent. Forgive me if I do not take this slow, my last opponent pushed me farther than I would have liked."

The Genasi took a fighting stance, his orb hovering halfway between his hands. His hair turned black and the lines of power on his body became a darker red.

Tier One: Elemental Manifest
Tier Two: Dual Soul
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Pike merely smiled, and began to circle.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Philote
Administrator
The horns signaled the start of the match.

Emere began moving his arms about in precise motions while taking steps back from his larger opponent. Flames danced along his arms, some bright while the others were dark, and then coiled around his orb as he directed the flames with his movements.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Learning from his former mistakes, Pike made use of his powerful leg muscles to begin a charge towards the smaller Gensai.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

(Thirteen [13] motes + three [3] X three [3] or nine [9], due to three daily allotments, leaves me with twenty-two [22] motes)

The goddesses reconvened in a preternatural hour, and all of them had plenty of lovely ideas for how to tempt the mortals; each had come up with at least three of four. However, Khadai had forced them to settle for only a few for now. Too many gifts might throw society into chaos too quickly. Nothing was very much fun if rushed.

Eda went first.

Eda returned with a wooden bowl; she had filled it with fruits and vegetables, and suggested that it could be made to provide an infinite supply of such, for whoever held it. Likewise, she would take a chalice, and it would produce an infinite supply of whatever drink the holder desired. She would give the items, called the Bowl of the Provider and the Chalice of the Provider, to the Centaurs to guard.

Next came Indiva.

Though not the only thing to catch Indiva's eye, the most intriguing thing to catch her eye was a lovely metal block. And so she took it, stomped it until it broke in two, and polished one of the halves until it was a lovely metal cube. Holding it would be the only way to activate and deactivate the cube's power to steal ideas and creativity from foes for envy's sake. She would give the item, called the Writer's Block, to the Elves.

After Indiva came the one whose mannerism most resembled Uburra-Namall...Desra.

She had been drawn to the pinker, redder and purpler parts of the Plane of Creativity, and in her searching, found a small floating metal object. She tinkered with it, and molded it into an object she had seen made by those hunky Boquabian blacksmiths; they called it...a lock, if she recalled correctly. And so, this would be the Love Lock, capable of inducing and manipulating sexual affections by pointing the keyhole at the intended subjects (or holding it, and calling the intended subject's name). She would save her item for later, perhaps the love goddess herself might get use out of it.

Then Slomna slogged to the forefront.

Admittedly, her capabilities were fairly lax, but it didn't mean she wouldn't have some good to show for it. She had found an object, a heart-shaped piece of glass floating through the air, and had taken it for her object. With a yawn and a thoughtful sigh, she spun it in mid-air, casting her sleepy spell on it. When split in two, it would break a subject's heart, causing them to spiral into depression that wouldn't cease until the two halves were rejoined. The Heart's Bane would also be kept for later, until some proper place could be found for it.

Which left Vai, the one naturally most proud of her own ideas.

She had been further out than the others had, as she was the most ambitious, and in her journeys to purpler and bluer parts of the Plane of Creativity, she had come across a mirror. She admired it for a few minutes, and then tore herself painfully away, to make some use of it (besides pointing out her obvious aesthetic superiority). In it she cast both a blessing and a curse. Subjects and their allies could see themselves as more beautiful, and make themselves more beautiful. When pointed at their foes, their foes would see themselves as more ugly, and in turn, become more ugly. And naturally, Soul's Vanity would also go to the Elves.

Nasta and Prasim were going to present their item ideas, but Prasim dropped hers and lost it in the rush to report back to Khadai; and Nasta couldn't pick which of hers she liked best. So the two were told they could wait. The ones they had were fine, for now, to present to Uburra-Namall, and then...the mortal world.

(Twenty-two [22] motes minus all motes= zero [0] motes)

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
(1 mote previously +3 motes, Total: 4 motes)

Lily and Kyouko watched as Kira walked past them looking for Mizuna and Koneko and concentrated on yet two more Miracles (-0 motes, Inherent for both). The first gave the Yukionna and Yukiotoko of medium level and up the ability to create ice that would never melt in the form of a weapon once. If the weapon was destroyed though then they could make a new one, but only if it was destroyed. The second Miracle gave the strong Imps the ability to copy any physical technique they could recall so long as the technique required no magic or psionics.

---------------------------------------

Having claimed her new domain of light, created the Light-Scarred, and raised Hikaru as their hero, Mina cast two more Miracles upon the Light-Scarred with Illusia (-0 motes, Inherent for both). The first gave the Light-Scarred of medium level and up wings of light, the size of which they could control at will, but the appearance would be unique to each. The second Miracle also gave the Light-Scarred of medium level and up the ability to take on a form of pure light with which to fight enemies at high speeds.

(Total: 4 motes)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Philote
Emere had experience against strong opponents. He rolled to the side, hoping to move out of his larger opponent's reach.

The hero waved his hand as he moved, adding a gust of flame to aid in his escape. Emere's flames were special. Just as his body had changed, so did his flames. Emere could manifest two elements at once, and one of these elements was now the rare Genasi trait of Void control.

The dark void flames melded with Emere's red pure flames as they left off of his orb.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Kira went to the healers' area first to try to find Mizuna, but the Succubus Healer had already left a few minutes before she arrived. As to her whereabouts, the healers did not know where Mizuna had gone to. Kira would have to hunt her down on her own... These new clothes needed to be checked for size and look.

------------------------0--------------

Mizuna moved fast. There was no ******* way that she would let Kira play around with her like a ****** doll of some kind. She was lucky that an imp had let her know that Kira had returned with armloads of food and drink for the workers as well as personal clothing. Dresses, shawls, skirts, etc. All were so that Kira could ******* dress her and Koneko up in order to figure out if the ****** clothes would look good on her before she actually ******* wore them. This time though, Mizuna would hide and let Koneko get dressed up. She would hide and avoid the ******* torture...

---------------------------------------

Rubi continued wandering around Spectropolis. It was nice and empty as all the people who had been there earlier had gone to watch the tournament. She still had lots of time until her match. They were afterall only on the second match of the second round which meant 1... 2... 3 matches left between the current one and her match against Taro. Ooh, how Great-Aunt would be surprised. It would be so funny!

(Total: 4 motes)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
(4 motes previously +3 motes, Total: 7 motes)

Mina had the Light-Scarred stay by the goddesses for one last thing. She concentrated and formed from the air yet another race, the blind Kata (-6 motes, Create Race). Upon them she bestowed the power to take on another form that would be stronger and faster for short periods of time (-0 motes, Inherent Miracle). As Mina now had 9 races and there were now several ways for them to have multi-racial individuals, Illusia cast a Miracle allowing those of multi-racial descent with at least one of Mina's races in the mix to combine different racial abilities for even more diverse abilities (-0 motes, Inherent Miracle).  The Light-Scarred then carefully escorted the Kata from where the goddesses stood to the arena.

---------------------------------------

Kyouko had watched as the Yukionna and Yukiotoko had worked hard despite physical difficulties on both the reconstruction of Bluebell and the construction of the Core Temple and so bestowed upon them the power to create and control a silver snow that could absorb energy and send it to the one controlling the snow (-0 motes, Inherent Miracle). As Kyouko cast her Miracle, Lily cast one of her own upon the Succubi and Incubi giving them the power of hypnotic eyes (-0 motes, Inherent Miracle).

(Total: 1 mote)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Would you care to join us in our proper seats this time, Miss Gant. We were just finishing up some business out here, letting the world know things and all that. By the way, I didden't exactly get an answere last night as to what exactly you are."

Behind him, Trepidation had taken flight and was quickly becoming dot on the horizon. Mileena hefted the portable roost back onto her back with nary a grunt.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

The flames sizzled and spat as the hit the shark-man, burning his side.

The Gensai barely managed to avoid Pike. Angry from the pain, he began to grow slightly as he turned to face Emere again.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

"Oh, What do I appear to be?" She asked as she followed the reporter, fan flapping a fly away.

Re: Lords of Creation (Story Thread 2)

Gentleman Vaultboy
They walked back into the shade of the arena and the cheering of the crowed. Pessimal had to shout over them.

"Well, considering how you spoke to a god last night, I think you're either one yourself, have the blessing of one, or just plain don't care."

"You mean like you?" Mileena asked. Her voice had that kind of direct effect. She could whisper to you at a concert and you would be able to hear her easily.

"Any of them make you an interesting person." Pessimal continued.