Lords of Creation, The Second Age

1 ... 14151617181920 ... 29

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Philote
Administrator
"Kingdoms, mostly" he says "No surprise you're not aware of it, she acquired it rather late. Those final moments were hard on her, and the things out there were not any kinder" he says pointing up.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Really?" he said, looking up at the glass ceiling and beyond. He knew what was out there only through stories from The Watchman. He regarded the girl (Nova? Yes, Nova.) wish renewed interest. She was so empty.

"You have my word, we will provide the best care possible for this god." he said passively. "We can't have the concept of Kingdoms ceasing to be. There's no telling how messy things could get."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Philote
Administrator
"You can thank Anima for keeping things from getting messy by turning the lights back on" he replies as he rises "I know where to land now to build my kingdom and return the other domains."

He begins to walk to leave, VoH and VoW following behind him. "Make sure she is well by the next time I pass around or we will have to speak again."

"Oh...And tell the Watchman that Pantheo sends his greetings."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Of course..." he says as the three of them leave. He waits until they're gone before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. He glances down at the translucent form on the table.

How was he supposed to fix this? He doubted just whispering in her ear would do this one any good. Besides, from what he could see she wasn't broken, just weak. Would rest be enough? It was enough for Waverider. Still, it would be a good idea to consult experts on this.

"One moment, please." he said to the comatose goddess before ascending to the ceiling. He floated from window pane to window pane searching for the correct one, a series of symbols flashing on each one before vanishing as he moved on. Finally he found it, a pattern of stars and moons.

He didn't know any experts, so he opted for an enthusiastic amateur.

"Babysitter." he said, Storyteller carrying his voice across space to his Icon in her possession. "Babysitter, I am standing in the gallery and wish to speak with you."

"Yo bro, what's up?" came the cheerful voice from the symbols.

"I am forced to remind you, again, that I am not your brother. We are not, in fact, related by anything more than divine power source."

"Whatever bro."

He buried his face in his fist and took a deep breath. "What are you doing right now?"

"Watching vigilant over the city." she said, and The Reasonable couldn't help but thing she was holding her cape in front of her face mysteriously. "Junior and Paean are hunting down a lead on something, and I'm making sure that something doesn't happen to anyone else."

He scowled. Paean would be really useful right now, but if she had sent him on a wild goose chase he might not be found for months. Like that time at Watchers Landing...

"I need you to come here right away. I think-"

"Hey, wait, you actually called me." She interrupted. "Today. On this day. Are you out and about?"

"Not by choice, I-"

"This is great. I usually can't drag you out today! What finally broke through your impenetrable angst shell?" She gasps on the other end of the connection. "Did you meet a girl?" she asks excitedly.

"No." He says quickly, stammering. Why did she have to be the one to ask that sort of question? "Nothing like that, don't get the wrong idea."

She sighs. "So work then?"

"Yes. And I need your help."

"I don't know," she says, suddenly disinterested. "There's a lot of preparing to do for tonight. I have to make my toy run, you know? I have to prep for that. And anyway-"

"Sally, this is serious."

He wields the first name like a hammer, the name that she only shared with him on one of those long painful nights after the Monster Kings defeat when he was on the brink, peering over the edge of the hole in his being, and all she could think to do was talk. It let her know that this was serious, that he really did need her help, but that didn't stop him from feeling dirty about using it that way.

"I'll be right over." Comes the response, almost immediate and filled with worry. That only adds to the shame.

The connection is cut and he's alone save for the translucent god.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Magnas and Gravas walk towards the dome at the center of Spectropolis, having decided that the most likely spot to meet any of the Watchman's group was in the central meeting place of the gods. The two enter just as the Reasonable finishes telling the Babysitter to come and note both the God and the translucent form on the table.

Magnas walks forward first and addresses the Reasonable, "We know that you may not be 'on duty' or the like, but have you come to notice anything coming from beyond our world?"
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
He shoots down between the girl on the table and the newcomers. "Gilgamesh is back. You just missed him, actually, he came and put her under our care. Other than that..." he says, going into deep thought.

------------

The busy port town of Sneaky Brook, on Spectropolis's northern shore, gathered at the waters edge and stared out over the ocean. On the other side of the world, in the Old Empire, a similar gathering took place. Their reasons were similar: when they had last checked the Five Isles had been, well, five isles, and none that could be seem clearly from the shores. But that had changed, there were more now. Many more small swampy islands dotted the sea and, if you looked closely, seemed to be growing before the spectators eyes.

Then their were the roots. Roots crawling up out of the surf and onto the beach. They were harmless, they did nothing when you hacked them up, but that didn't stop them from being uncomfortable to look at. They were, after all, crawling out of the surf.

And these one's were definitely growing.

-----------

"Nothing that we're aware of." He said finally.

(Alter terrain, yet more little islands popping up around the Five Isles and swamp roots beginning to make their way into the Old Kingdom and the continent of Spectropolis.)
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
"Ah, is that so?" Magnas replies. "Then tell the Watchman that Aox is back once more as well, if he does not yet know already. The Durhian Hero has been returned to his patron and is hopefully on the way to recovery."

Gravas moves forward at this point, stating, "Also, Mina gives her greetings and says that she'll be coming to attend the Festival soon."
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Oh, the one he likes." The Reasonable couldn't help grinning. He'd never met Aox, but he'd heard how the Mortal had punted the Monster King like he was nothing and the thought of that felt good. "Tell him that if he ever needs anything from the Monks of Order he has it."

He was a little perplexed, however, at Gravas's statement. "Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't Mina have to stay in her country to uphold that barrier of yours?"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
"Ah, yes, she does have to stay in Mosooriku," Gravas replies. "Forgive me, what I meant to say was that Mina is working on compiling the materials for an Avatar that she will be sending to come in her place. Whether or not she finishes in time is another matter."

Magnas grins, "If you want any messages to reach Aox, send them to Crav. He's no longer in our hands."
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Philote
Administrator
Pantheo makes his way out of the city with his followers behind him. Passing by where Anima and Murozond had waited for events to be played out.

"The world is all yours again" he says with a grin as he passes the two "At least until I return for that wish you promised me"

With a laugh he exits the cities boarders and begins to make way to his dragon and the sky beyond.

Anima and Murozond arrive at Spectropolis' heart, the dome to which Pantheo had traveled. They had let enough time pass to make sure that Pantheo had truly left, but now they felt safe enough to inspect what business the Spirit had. They wait silently at the dome's entrance, not sure if their presence is welcome after Pantheo's visit.
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Well, I may just have to go see him in that case." The Reasonable said, smiling slightly.

"I got here as fast as I could Reese." came a voice near the entrance. The Babysitter rushed in. "So what's the.....oh." she said, worry replaced by confusion. "Wow, there are more people here than I expected. Hey Gravas. Hey Mangas." She said, waving happily before turning instinctively to the beings nearest her. "Hey....uh.....you guys! Good to see you here."

"Excuse me?" The Reasonable said, only now noticing Anima and Murozond hanging about the entrance. He's about to ask before The Babysitter gasps and bolts over to the table where the prone goddess lay. She scans her, looks up at The Reasonable, and grins. "You DID meet a girl, you LIAR!" She teases.

He's forced to pull his cowl down over his head to hide his face. "Th-th-thats not the situation at all. Just look at her for our sake."

"Yeah, she's pretty bad." The Babysitter says, propping her face on the edge of the table and just staring at her. The poor thing was messed up. "I can see the attraction."

"That's not..." He starts, but thinks better of it. The more uncomfortable he gets the longer she'll keep teasing him. "Look, just do your name for a minute." He says, walking over to Anima and Muozond. She shrugs, hopping up on the table and resting the goddess's head in her lap. She strokes her hair gently, and starts to talk. "Hey. How is everything? I'm the Babysitter. I know, stupid name right? I'm going to be right here, okay, if you need anything."

The Reasonable stands before the pair in the doorway, looking them over. "You feel," he says, "the same as Gilgamesh. Or Pantheo or whatever he's calling himself now. That god that was just here. What are you, here to make sure we do our job?"

"Hey Reese, what's her name?" The Babysitter calls.

"Nova, I think he said." He calls back.

"Nova, this is Magnas and Gravas. They're lightning and wind." She says gently. "That makes them pretty cool by default."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Philote
Administrator
"Nova is here?" Anima asks and rushes past The Reasonable to the girl's side, grabbing her hand.

Murozond turns to The Reasonable, outside his lamp. "It is more like we were looking for sanctuary. Hello, I am the new Spirit of Power, Murozond, and that is my Avatar Anima. I'm not in that creature's pantheon, unlike the two at the table."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Reasonable leans forward gives two quick sniffs. "Hmmm, must have been him." He said, looking an Anima. "You'll forgive me, the city does strange things to divine signatures. Muddies them, mixes them up, makes them hard to pick out. Something to do with what Spectropolis does to gods. If you're new, then you should know we're all on a level playing field here, you probably felt it when you walked in. So if you want somewhere to hide out from the biggest, most egotistical preening cock to ever strut across the surface of the world you couldn't have picked a better place."

"Wait, this is Anima?" says the Babysitter, pointing to the person holding Nova's hand. "Hi. I'm The Babysitter. We never met I don't think."

"You said new spirit of power?" Asked The Reasonable "I'd be interested in knowing how that happened, and why you two seem to be at odds with the band that was just here."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Magnas looks at Anima for a few seconds, then replies to the Babysitter's question as she finishes it, "Yes, this is Anima."

To Anima she states levelly, "You may not remember me after what you've been through, but I am Magnas and we met not long after I was created. As I recall, that was also right after the Watchman brought forth Spectropolis too."

Gravas pipes up in a soft whisper, "We've met Anima before?"

"Yes," Magnas replies, rolling her eyes. "I swear you resonate so much with your domains that sometimes you can't remember your own name."

"That's not true, and you know it!"

With all said between the two, Gravas sits down in her chair at the table and starts making bubbles float around the space.
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Mina went over Antilaw once more, checking the Incarnate for unnecessarily large errors. She wanted to at least be able to celebrate with everyone else.... and she wasn't able to find just the right materials to create an Avatar to attend with just the right amount of finesse (mental or otherwise).

Suddenly, an epiphany hit her mind as she cried out, "I know, a goddess who can understand an Incarnate and perceive all of the flaws in them at once will work best for what I need. Now, what to make her from... All I have with me right now is air and Antilaw..."

As the mortals in the Free Cities and Byakko went about their business for the annual festival, their was suddenly a flash of light from the area that was generally regarded as the boundary between Môsôoriku and the Free Cities. Those who rushed to the scene to see what had happened were treated to a scene that they would remember for years: the creation of a goddess.

As they watched, it appeared to be that Mina was creating a body from the air. First, the body, a thin, lithe one reminiscent of a child. Next came the arms. Mina delicately shaped them as she spun around the unfinished body and began to sing a melancholy, yet joyful song.

Once she finished the arms, Mina next formed the legs, making them strong and lithe for they would be needed quite often. Last came the head. At first, it appeared to be a duplicate of what some, with magically heightened vision, recognized as Koneko's face, then it blurred several times, switching between each of the known goddesses and female heroes, almost as if Mina couldn't make up her mind.

Finally it settled down with a small nose, petite brown eyes, and a smiling mouth with short brown hair waving around. In her hand, she held a monocle with runes around its circumference that none present could read.

And so, Gifu, Goddess of Antilaw itself, was born.

(Miracle: Create Demi-God, Gifu)
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Philote
Murozond looks over The Reasonable "Murozond took over Anima's role. Anima was weak on this world for too long, and I was born to take his place and in the process, shared his memories and pushed him into the role of my Avatar. Murozond is outside of Pantheo's pantheon now. Pantheo can not control me or Anima now as he would the others, and for that he would have me killed."

Anima looks up at those gathered around Nova. "Greetings, all. I apologize if I'm distracted, but we must attend to my sister as soon as possible. Murozond could supply the power she needs, but we do not have the precision to administer it to her. Too much new power at once could kill her just as too little will."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
The Reasonable clicks his teeth at Murozond's description. "Good to hear that that man is as reasonable as ever." He says derisively.

The Babysitter shakes her head. "You can't trust me with precise things. I'd make her blow up or something. I could go try and find one of my family, but-" She stops suddenly and gets a glowing look on her face. "Wait a minute. Reese? Hey, Reese?" She calls out.

The Reasonable turns to her. "We're in the presence of out peers, Babysitter, it's not proper to call me by-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Come over here, we need your sword." She says, beckoning him.

Everyone can see him stiffen at the mere mention of a sword. He adjusts his glasses because they have suddenly become very uncomfortable. "I don't see how that thing would do any good here." he says quietly, and quickly. "Besides, it's an invasion isn't it? Just mucking around willy nilliy inside another god, it's sick. It's unnatural. I'm sure she'll just get better if we wait it out."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Tsubasa & Wen Tien
Administrator
Magnas and Gravas both jump up at the Reasonable's and Babysitter's talk of an "invasive sword". Their faces looked worried beyond belief.

"When you mention a blade," Magnas asked. "You wouldn't happen to mean one that's a 'dark and jagged blade of crystalline nature?' The one that happened to damage Antilaw? Why would you ever keep that?"
http://loc.wikia.com/wiki/Mina

In NB:
Crescent's best technique: Moonless Night
Suzu's favorite technique: Shining Blade

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Gentleman Vaultboy
"I wouldn't!" he shouts, shooting a dirty look at the Babysitter for bringing this up in front of everyone. Then he just signs, and mutters, "Not if I had any choice in the matter."

He looks over the faces in the room, finally settling on Anima. "After you vanished from the world, in the aftermath of the Monster Kings rampage, we had to face the fact that the artifacts of the world were quickly losing power. Estimates went that they would be rendered useless withing a few years. I was pretty out of it in those days so I don't know who, probably Crav, but someone found a workaround to that problem. To ensure that each one of us had a tool with which to perform our duties as stewards of the world, we would bind one specially to us. A symbol of who and what we are. A Tool of Office."

"Some chose to bid themselves to an already existing artifact, whether for practical or..." he trails off and glances at The Babysitter. "sentimental reasons. Spectropolis in the perfect example. The power the city's field it needed a god to act as it's battery, and one was created to fulfill that purpose. Others, though, made to create one themselves, to distill everything about who they area and hat they stand for into a single item. The Watchman got his new mask, The Veteran forged his shield, and when I dug down deep and pulled out the very essence of made The Reasonable The Reasonable I got this..."

It doesn't made a sound, there is no grand spectacle to it's entrance. It's just resting there in his hand, all black and sharp. If Anima remembers anything about his time as a part of Pantheo he recognizes the weapon. The Magnas and Gravas it is unmistakable.

"There's a hole in me." He says, haunted. "And when I reached in I found this in it."

"It's not the same sword." says the Babysitter, though she seems to be speaking more to him than to the pair from Mosooriku. "That one just took. We know yours can give." She says, very gently.

He seems to calm lightly at that, but his voice continues shuttering with every word. "I was this, for a time. And when I drew it, for the first time I, when I saw it I... acted unreasonably. I fell into the hole."

"He had an episode." Clarifies The Babysitter. "A flashback or something. Nothing major, nothing that couldn't be fixed."

He looks up at her and for a moment the shame on his face is palpable. But she just smiles and goes on. "Reese, it can help her. He can feed energy into her easily with it." She says, talking to Anima now. "It will cut the danger down, and he's the most precise and meticulous person I know."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: Lords of Creation, The Second Age

Atop Uburra-Namall's height, the winds carried a scarce, fragile squeak to the ears of the angels on guard. Michael rushed to the edge of the Fair One's balcony, and menaced the sight below.

"Ariel! Uriel! Muriel!" he called to his comrades, "Come quick!"

From among the other angels, filling out scrolls' worth of paperwork about this reconnaissance mission or that delivery or the impending census, four hurried to Michael's side, and he turned their attention to the sight below.

"What are they up to now?" Muriel huffed, tossing back blonde hair over her shoulder as she looked over the balcony, "I can't see a thing through the clouds and the treetops!"

"Mortals. Confused. Afraid. You can tell by the way they're moving." Ariel ran a hand through his red hair, "Here, let's see if we can catch wind of what's the matter. Maybe it's nothing, but you never know."

Ariel reached his hand over the balcony. What started as a gentle breeze twisted, shifted into something lithe and slinky, almost alive; it clambered through the air to meet his outstretched hand. Ariel guided the air up over the balcony, into the midst of his comrades to relay a message from the mortals below.

"Help!" a woman cried.

A man's voice followed, "Can't you hurry the investigation along any faster?"

"Do we need more people? I think we need more people!"

"More blankets over here! Let's not leave the dead lying about!"

And then a familiar name caught their attention, "Balasar. Balasar."

Ariel retracted his hand, and the carrying wind dissipated. He turned to his other comrades, and then to Michael.

Balasar? That was a name they had never heard uttered by anyone but the Fair Goddess herself. And that name had quite some history about it. He was a Dragonborn, they remembered, turned invisible by the working of some god or another. Surely, though, he had been taken care of. The old man must have just gotten carried away by the crimes' mysterious natures, worrying about some mythified villain he'd heard of as a child, some long-lost phantom of his ancestors' past trauma. Right?

That was possible, but Michael wouldn't risk it. While he stayed atop the mount, Ariel would descend to the mortals' side. He would remain invisible, not interfere in their efforts, but rather conduct some searching of his own. What the mortals would take days, even weeks, to accomplish, he could do with far greater swiftness. And if some unholy abominable thing had risen up from long ago to stalk Boquabia's peaceful pastures, this would need to be handled as swiftly as possible.

So, it was settled. He and Michael exchanged a final affirming nod and, without another word, Ariel walked from the balcony over to the ledge where Uburra-Namall's rainbow bridge had been cast. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, spread his arms, spread his wings...and fell.

Fifty feet down, he would catch himself on gossamer winds, gently, gently until, at last, alighting on Boquabian soil. Invisible, incorporeal, his presence barely disturbing the air, he tiptoed about into the Boquabians' midst.

Ariel was on the case.
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 29