New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Locked 666 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 34

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Well, at least my own life. Probably him." he jerks his head toward Knight. "That guy maybe not so much." He says, referring to Blue Man. He glances down at the eyes in the sand. "Okay, but definitely that guy. And maybe....what? Where...I mean....there was one more guy here but now he's....was there? Am I going crazy, there was another guy here right?"
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

The Narrator
Administrator
"Luckily enough I happen to have a net" narrator says

Let's do this!

--
Derek A. Haynes
Lead Tutor

"There's one thing you should know about me; I never explain anything!"

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Myself
Administrator
"Excellent, you have one too." I saw to Narrator.

We proceed to wrap the beast and pull it close to a dying star, tying the ends opposite the beast. After ensuring that anything else is capable of passing through the net to escape destruction, I nod to Narrator and say " it seems like our work here is done. Here is a device to contact me with it you seek something to do in future" I hand Narrator a device resembling a phone to most, but so much more to those with advanced senses "now, if you excuse me, I am off to oversee the repairs on my fleet. Entire sections needed to be evacuated and are only now having full-time repairs; while they had been receiving repairs during the battles, now we have extra personnel to assist in repairs." I teleport away.
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

The Narrator
Administrator
Narrator places the contraption in his pocket, and teleports back to an area near the action.

And remember, you're destined for greatness!
Destined for Greatness Academic Services
Derek A Haynes
cell: (919)886-6614

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Myself [via Superpower List Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://superpower-list-forum.2863604.n2.nabble.com/New-Beginning-23-One-for-the-Record-Books-tp7614451p7618080.html
To unsubscribe from New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books, click here.
NAML

*~\The Narrator/~*

"There's one thing you should know about me; I never explain anything!"

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Gentleman Vaultboy
(Wow Phi, you've been wanting to do this compass fox thing for years. I'm trying to get there as fast as I can.)

In the middle of his confusion there a large flash of light and a metallic clang as Vault drops to the ground, gripping the silver gauntlet now fashioned securely around his right arm. He struggles to right himself from the sudden weight, and finds it quite easy. Quite a bit easier then he'd thought it would be. As he stands up he looks over the gauntlet and snorts disdainfully.

"Look at this." He says, showing off an engraving set into the back of his hand to everyone. It is crafted of silver. It is crafted of dark iron. It depicts an image of a cow. It depicts an image of the moon. The cow is leaping over the moon. The moon is on fire. "Can you believe that? That's stupid."

"What did you do?", Knight asks.

"I told you, superpowers are just something that happen to me." He replies, raising up his newly gauntleted arm and his scrawny naked arm over his head. "So you guys better hurry this along, because I might get something that causes heads to randomly explode. I might already have it, I'd have no idea." He says to the time cops. He jerks his head toward the gauntlet. "I don't even know what that thing does. You might be going sterile just by being around it."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Philote
Administrator
(Its something I necroed since you were stopping by, was wondering if people would noticed that I used it before . Tell me if there is a way I can help move things along, I don't feel right jumping in until it makes sense for one of my characters to be contacted at some point.)
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

There is a the sound of a ringing phone, one of those old default slightly electronic tones.

An old red phone appears, hanging in mid-air, with a curling cord vanishing into nothingness.

One of the helmed figures reaches forward with.. nervousness. As soon as they touch it, a voice explodes out of it.

WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO DAMN LONG.

We are sorry, we do not- UPDATING!

There's a series of beeping noises from the three figures as the booming voice continues to rant.

FUCKING MONTHS SINCE THEY STARTED. I AM TIRED OF WAITING. MOVE. NOW OR I WILL DARTH VADER ALL OF YOUR ASSES.

The phone begins to smoke as flame spouts from it.

A-Affirmative. Travelers to Aeon. At once.

One of the figures looks at the blue man. He nods in response and transforms into a cloud of blue smoke; then he flows into the phone speakers just before the phone finally disintegrates into a pile of ash.

<NAME REDACTED> is going to speak with our supervisor. We will escort you to Aeon. We apologize for the disruptions, honored guests.

Two of the armored figures begin to draw out a glowing purple triangle with their spears. A shimmering  portal starts to form.

P-Please, allow us to be of any other service you require.

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

The Penultimate calls out to the others, only to turn around and find himself back in the parlor with the other party guests.

His expression falls.

"Dad-BLAME IT!" He groans, "Did somebody here summon me? Doggone it, I shoulda known better than to set my summonability to 'The Djinn'; it shoulda been set to 'The Doctor'! As in, dire emergencies ONLY. I figured I'd keep it at a nice automatic function, but you guys just plain abuse it!"

He looks around the crowd, wondering who it is that so requested his presence. Finally, a pair of waving hands from the crowd catch his attention, and he levitates over to where a trio of young boys stand.

"Sir Penultimate?" He smiles, sheepish, "You...I wonder if I could ask a favor of you."

His friends nudge him closer to the Penultimate, and he kneels, for fear the Penultimate might deem it disrespectful not to. The Penultimate is taken aback by his sudden shift from stroppy teenager to eternally-humble servant, but plays along expertly as imperious and transcendent master.

"Vachtu, subujecto?" the Penultimate demands, crossing his arms, still afloat, "You rang?"

The boy doesn't look up from kneeling, "I just wanted to know if you...the Changeling Praetors of Arboralia's Iss'Iriq Province wanted to know if you would sign their magic books." One of his friends presents three Harry-Potter-sized tomes, before he and the third friend kneel at either side of the first boy.

The Penultimate takes the books up into the air, and eyes them, "...Really? This is what they wanted? Dang it. Current summon settings dictate that I can't go back with my friends until I make sure that whoever summoned me is alright. Which means--there, powers ahoy, the books are signed. Now where are your masters, the Praetors?"

He couldn't even adjust the summon settings of his mind until he'd found these boys' masters. That in mind, he waved a hand, hoisting the boys up from subservient humility, in hopes of getting back to his friends ASAP.

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

The Narrator
Administrator
"Almost forgot to check defeating a monster and entrapping it in a star/black hole off of my bucket list!"  Narrator pulls a pen and pad out of his pocket....

"Now, let me shadow the others until someone needs me!"

--
Derek A. Haynes
Lead Tutor
Destined for Greatness: Academic Services
*~\The Narrator/~*

"There's one thing you should know about me; I never explain anything!"

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Gentleman Vaultboy
"No need. Thank you, thank you very much." Knight says, bowing deeply as the portal shimmers to life.

"Yeah, what he said. And you can, uh, keep that." Vault adds, pointing at the Glass Clock Cannon. "I don't need it for anything. And, like, this gauntlet isn't turning you sterile or anything, that's probably not what it does at all. Like there's a very low chance of that. I'm sorry, I get uncomfortable around, well, faceless goons you know? Sorry for that."

"Mr. Vaultboy, you're rambling. Come along." Knight calls, before stepping through the portal.

"Right, right. Like I said, uncomfortable," Vault says, continuing to ramble as he makes his way toward the portal. "But, you know, good luck to you. Keep the peace and all that. I wasn't going top blow up anyones head, if I gave you that impress-"

A electric crackle as he steps through the portal cuts him off.

------

"-ion." Vault finishes, backing out of the portal to someplace entirely new. He turns around and see's what is no doubt the biggest gemstone he has ever seen in his life. "Look at that." he says in awe of it. "Have you ever seen something so pink in your life? Knight?"

The boy had already moved off and was walking toward a crowd of locals that Vault somehow hadn't seen, perhaps because he'd been distracted by the biggest gemstone he'd ever seen in his life. Vault sprinted after him.

It was strange, he caught up to the boy far quicker than he though he would. "Don't just run off like that, you don't know where we are."

"It's Aeon, Mr. Vaultboy. Didn't you hear the voice on the red thing?" He replies innocently.

"Well, that where they said they were sending us..." Vault grumbled.

"And that's why I'm seeking confirmation. I'm not a fool."

"What if they don't speak your language?"

"My, then Mr. Zaubar would have had to have been an awfully fast learner."

"Who?"

But Knight wasn't listening anymore, instead walking up the nearest Aeonian and clearing his throat. "Excuse me, would you mind telling me and my companion where we are? What world, specifically."
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Philote
Administrator
A confused Correnian female turns around to address Knight, but another man beats her to the punch.

A hand slightly taps on Knight's shoulder as a figure comes up behind him. "Greetings, yes this is Aeon. You're intruding on the competition's hunting grounds. I'd like to ask you to step this way with me while we get to know each other."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Gentleman Vaultboy
"We are?" Says Knight, turning to the figure cheerfully. "Oh how glorious. "Mr. Vaultboy? Mr. Vaultboy!" He calls out to his companion, waving him over. Vault stopped trying to casually stroll away as though he didn't know this person and turned, slowly and reluctantly. "We are on Aeon. Isn't that wonderful?"

Vault slowly tromps over. "Yeah, peachy." he says shakily as he follow Knight and his new friend, whom he really hoped was not some sort of cop.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Myself
After returning to my residence, I decide to kill some time reviewing records of a fleet. It seems an earlier version of me, brought to the present recently, was affected mentally as my current self did and was driven mad. His reports do not even match his actions; he describes, in perfect detail, of horrors he inflicted upon society, whereas official record report nothing but incoherent babbling for about a week, which must have been removed from my memory. I find several other reports of the same occurring at other times.

I turn to ask my assistant "do you recall any of this happening?" She replied "no, nothing. You just sat in a room rambling off nonsense and writing horrible things in the logs. You were moved to a padded room without resistance, from which you appeared to recover from after a week. With the help of a hologram, you believed it was your standard quarters. Your capabilities were very much repressed during that period. Another you, seemingly from the future, appeared and managed issues in a more sensible manner in your stead."

I contemplate what she has said, curious "what sorts of things did I say in this state?" My assistant replied "you spoke of a caste system of some sort, based around powers, with you dominating all but the other MPU's. While you did give some powers and added a superpower-inducing genetic trait, many other parts were missing, it seems."

(Just a retcon to fix the image intended by reversing the unwanted parts. My empire is supposed to be a utopia of sorts and I cannot have it polluted with my ramblings. I decided to use my little temporal...problem as an explanation. Also, who wants my assistant to be given a name and made a recurring character, which are missing in my background?)
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

"There's one thing you should know about me; I never explain anything!"

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Myself
Administrator
My assistant and I walk down a hallway, chatting. She is speaking verbally, of course, while I am using telepathy due to the limitations of a feline form. She is showing me some recent information about the monster trapped near the supernova, now being monitored by several craft. Due to the obvious height limitations, I have taken position on her shoulder. I barely need my powers to maintain my position, as my current form is spectacular at balancing.

I notice she is upset and when she realizes that I have noticed, she pauses.
"So Jennifer, how are you personally? I am your friend, not just your boss, remember." I ask.
"I am dying." I says, grimly.
"Really? You never thought to tell me? I have the power to reshape reality." I reply.
"So?" She asks me.
"I cured you, silly. I go around healing people of illness and my own assistant does not tell me she is dying? I am disappointed." I reply.

Apparently, it never occurred to my own assistant that I could cure disease, despite changing forms like most change clothes and twisting reality whenever I need to.

"Jennifer, schedule a meeting with the staff. You clearly fear my capabilities more than you trust me as a friend." I command.
"Yes, sir." She replies.

(There you have it, a first name for my assistant a view of what working for my organization is like and even a follow-up with the monster and a link to the main storyline. I hope to make Jennifer (which, to be honest, was the first suitable female name to appear in my head) a more regular and well-defined character.)
Bow before your unimaginably powerful overlord!

Wait a minute, I'm currently too busy holding a cork in mid air for petty groveling.

[url=http://www.minecraftanonymous.com]

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpg[/IMG][URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][B]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Marvelous Miscreant
Administrator
Marv lounged on the roof of one of the many shops that surrounded the main square of Kethencia's booming merchant district and watch the happy party-goers traipse through the streets. Despite everything at the party going smoothly, he found himself frowning.

"KARMA?" he questioned to the empty air, "How many guests are currently here?"

"7,120,983, Sir..." a computerized voice replied from nowhere.

Marv sighs, "...Forgot about the swarm fellas...Revise query. How many invitations were opened and used?"

"312,560, Sir."

"That's more like it. Hmm, with so many guests its amazing nothing too serious has occurred. Its almost ...disappointing."
Praise the Sun

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

The Narrator
Administrator
Narrator saw a great opportunity to mentally evaluate his mindscape. Ensuring that all was In order with his powers and mental stability. As a reality altered with a wild imagination, his imaginary friends were real. So to contain them from possibly wreaking havoc, like the time Areson made it impossible to close a bridge unless one sang a bridge of a song, he contained them within the depths of his mind.

Although most are essentially harmless, some were quite dangerous  forged from nightmarish thoughts.

<Narrator will be indisposed until needed, pretty much mention my name and I'll snap to where I'm needed>

--
Derek A. Haynes
Lead Tutor
Destined for Greatness: Academic Services
*~\The Narrator/~*

"There's one thing you should know about me; I never explain anything!"

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Philote
"You can call me Speed, or Dash, Momentum or whatever code name I've got for my Core nowadays" the joyous man informs the two of you. The man has golden hair and a goatee and is wearing a bright blue shirt, some dark pants, shoes, and jacked, and has some goggles resting on his forehead.

"What are the two of you doing popping up inside our nice little competition, and coming from off world as well! That doesn't happen often to this old town. Hope you're not around to cause any trouble."
Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Gentleman Vaultboy
"Hello, Mr. Dash. Call me Knight, and this is my associate Mr. Gentleman Vaultboy." Vault tips his head awkwardly at the introduction. "We're here, well, I'm actually here seeking a greater understanding of cores and core based magic, focusing specifically in shields and barriers. I assure you, I mean no trouble for your home." He looks pointedly at Vault, and makes a rolling gesture with his hand.

"My world just got done killing a bunch of invading robots and I wanted to get off planet until they cut my power back on." Vault clarified. "I met him at a party and decided to tag along, seeing as I had nothing better to do. The last thing I want is to cause trouble."

Still he looks over the crowd, intrigued. "You mentioned a competition?" Vault asks.
Hey son, wanna' learn how ta' make witch balls?

Re: New Beginning 23: One for the Record Books

Philote
Administrator
"Hmmm....yes. I think I know just the person you could meet for that. Would you like me to set up a meeting for you? I could do that for you without shirking my duties here."

Dash turns to Vault. "Yes, a hunting gig that gets put on here every once in a while. Very popular. With the state this planet is in, populations of all sorts of critters grow quickly and need to be taken care of. Are you interested in joining?"