Power Vs Power

1 ... 3456789 ... 13

Re: Power Vs Power

WishIHadThis
Psychometric Muscle Memory vs Photographic Muscle Memory

Though it would be awesome to learn skills from famous people in the past via a raid onto a nearby museum, I'd take quantity(and convenience) over quality with photographic muscle memory-learn from online videos-etc.

Re: Power Vs Power

Hm...define the two so I can make sure I'm on the same page as you...

Psychometric Muscle Memory: touching people's possessions to learn skills of the person they belonged to?

Photographic Muscle Memory: instantaneously being able to learn and mimic motions just by watching them?

If these two are good definitions of those two abilities (as I suspect they are), then yeah, hm, I'm guessing either one could win. Depends on how they're used.

Was I right about the premise of those abilities?

Re: Power Vs Power

WishIHadThis
Yep, that is correct.

However psychometric muscle memory is limited by the fact that the skill must involve said object such as tennis skills from touching a racket. Touching people can also give you skills but you don't really get a choice on what skill you get on first touch since the body is used for many things.

Extra Description:

The main benefit of Psychometric Muscle Memory is that the person doesn't have to be alive-you can take skills from famous heroes of the past such as getting kendo skills from touching an old katana. If the person was an old man you can take the skills of their younger self or the skills of anyone that used that object at any time since its creation. It is also possible to copy the forging skill of the creator of the object. You need to have time in order to choose what skill you want or choose all of them since likely many people touched the object.

Photographic Muscle Memory seems superior to me in this day and age because you can just watch online videos to get skills and you don't have to rob a museum or be wealthy or know skilled people in order to get your skills. You can just see something and do it. You can also do the "double-time" trick of Taskmaster-watching clips in fastforward to be able to do your skills faster. Besides, I think that in a fight, this is much more useful since you can learn your opponent's moves.

Re: Power Vs Power

Yeah, I kinda agree with that...Photographic Muscle Memory would seem much more beneficial...unless the guy with  Psychometric Muscle Memory developed his power to the point that he just touched a computer with an internet connection, thus gaining every skill, bit of knowledge and other tidbit that is inherently available therein...

Re: Power Vs Power

alexander121793@gmail.com
every omni power vs every myth power

Re: Power Vs Power

Power Vs Power Rejected.

Reason- Omni powers leave only one possible outcome.

Please think of something that DOESN'T involve omni powers. No offense, But I'm getting tired of you constantly bringing them up.

Re: Power Vs Power

Yeah, Zale, I agree, the Omni Powers are a freakin' "end all, beat all". Even one is absolutely incapable of being defeated. It's just plain annoying to keep putting in the same input, expecting to get a different output. To be frank, it's just plain dumb...

Re: Power Vs Power

alexander121793@gmail.com
Okay fine every Ultimate Power combined with con negation vs every myth power with con negation
Whd

Re: Power Vs Power

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Vs Power

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Power Vs Power

Yeah, One Vs One is the main idea, but if it's a reasonable number then you could.

Like Superstrength and superspeed vs invulnerability and flight.
Whd

Re: Power Vs Power

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Vs Power

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Power Vs Power

Wish
I agree on different grounds.

Strength can be used as both a defense or offense effectively stopping huge attacks with your hands or smashing things with strength or throwing.

Speed can also be used as both offense and defense effectively-dodging and using a knife.

Invulnerability is primarily a defensive unless you are into kamikaze blow yourself up with your enemy attacks.

Flight is mainly for transportation or use against flying targets.... only supersonic or above flight can actually be used as a real weapon otherwise flight isn't very useful in a fight.

Verdict

Strength and speed is a more versatile combination so I think it wins.
Whd

Re: Power Vs Power

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Vs Power

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin
Whd

Re: Power Vs Power

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Power Vs Power

alexander121793@gmail.com
Perfect immortality and super strengh vs Indistructable

I figured I should ad superhuman strength because indistructable has super strengh built in.

Here are the power describtions from superpowerlist.com

Perfect immortality
This power is the ultimate gift and curse. It's the ultimate gift because you can never die by any means and you are invulnerable to all kinds of damage, can never get sick and you stop ageing after you turn 30. Also, you will adapt to survive in whatever environment you are in and you will never have to eat, breath or drink and you will never get tired. It's the ultimate curse because everybody else will die while you'll live forever. In fact, you will survive after the universe is destroyed. created by Alexander121793

Superhuman Strength

With this ability, you will have the perfect physique and will be able to lift over a million pounds. You will be incredibly strong, but will have absolute control over how much strength you're applying. For the ladies, this ability applies to you too, but you won't look too muscular.
created by rexluthor

Indestructable!

Heal ridiculously fast from any physical damage, burns, bullets, amputations, etc. If a generous portion of your body is destroyed & one cell remains, the cell will regrow your entire body. You will steadily build a tolerance to most conventional injuries. Reattach limbs or grow new ones; your will controls every cell. Your bones will become nigh unbreakable and your skin will toughen. You will double peak human physiology. You will even learn to block out pain completely at will

created by ghostdog 5

Re: Power Vs Power

alexander121793@gmail.com
Which power do you think is better?

Re: Power Vs Power

Josh
I like Perfect Immortality better, but someone with Super Strength is just going to wrap the immortal in rebar and then bury them in concrete.
1 ... 3456789 ... 13