Questions about Powers

Locked 953 messages Options

Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

FlyBoy4
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

The Force

Hyperion
Ahem. I just found this website today, and I am shocked and offended that the Force is not a listed superpower. I have taken steps to correct this grievous mistake, and wish you all to know of my disgust and contempt for anybody who did not notice.
All hail the king of dunces! You best hold on, I'm opening up my mouth.

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

gladly willing...just let me know what you're thinking of...

Re: The Force

I noticed...however, this site also lacks numerous other well known abilities. It is hindered by our memories, which may fail us at times due to overloads of awesomeness.

Re: The Force

You are joking... Right? About the insults.

Re: The Force

Hyperion
Maybe half. Maybe.
All hail the king of dunces! You best hold on, I'm opening up my mouth.

Re: The Force

I should hope so...the Wulf does not appreciate insults... the Zaleramancer and I are not amused...
667

Re: The Force

667
First off:

Richard!. I love your name because it reminds me of David Malki !.

Second, go easy on us. Not everyone shares the same love for Star Wars as you. To be frank, I considered telekinesis/precognition/reflexive precognition equal to having the Force. But I suppose it's not if you say it's not.

667

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

667
Well, mate, this story is great.

But the thing is, it's too similar to what we already have. I'll (and we'll) help you develop it for personal use, but I dunno about hosting two stories as parallel as these on the same site.

Although if this gets off the ground, crossovers are not entirely out of the question.

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

spydyr
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I am Ruin

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

@spydyr: so can I, haha...

@667: I think some things could be modified to the point where they would be distinguishable from the other RP story, I just don't know what it is...it's on the tip of my tongue...

Re: The Force

hehe...yeah, it's only recently we got the power Age Shifting, and THAT's more common than the other stuff we got on here.

CONTENTS DELETED

Like X-men? I'm thinking that the enountering of superhuman abilities is a very explored topic, but it's not entirely covered. Something a bit more complex could be done, don't you think?

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

Hyperion
FlyBoy4 wrote
I just thought of something. Maybe just one person got ahold of the formula was more subtle about administering the formula, like just releasing it into the air at various locations? And only a small amount of people are affected, and that amount are now hunted if they can't keep their powers a secret. And one part of the supers want to rise up and take control from the normals, while one part knows that it's wrong and tries to stop them? People are soon forced to choose sides...or something like that. It just came to me. I'm desparate.
That doesn't exactly make sense, because why would the supers be hunted if the person in charge created them on purpose?

And on the original idea, if 50% of the population now has superpowers, Alphonse wouldn't need to promise them equal rights; they could take them by force in like a day, tops.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The Force

JoeD
If it makes you feel any better, I do believe that the reason for that, has several components.

#1. Since there are a "LOT" of superpowers here, most people might of thought that someone already had made it
(therefore they did not want to duplicate it, if it was already there).

#2. There are several powers that are part of Jedi Powers.

#3. We haven't got to the point of renovating the site for a more organized system for categorizing, and filing superpowers.

#4. If you want to, you can actually place that superpower
(or make a series of that super power. Example: Powerblade #3 Crystalization).

As a good entrepreneur once said "if you get an idea before anyone else, it's yours."
Somethings we cannot explain, neither should we provoke them.

Re: Story Collaboration - Help Wanted!(And Most Likely Needed)

@spydyr: I was gonna suggest something similar. You could make a plotline consisting of numerous bullet points detailing major events in your plot (character development, plot depth, plot length, the difficulty of the task at hand, or the like); I would say 50-100 IMPORTANT ideas (not like a snappy one-liner or something, an actual event, like a person dying or a building catching fire, etc.)