Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Locked 1000 messages Options

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Ah, ok.

I looked but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

yeah, no problem. It's kinda my thing to know about the supernatural. Any other questions, I'm your guy.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

strangely enough, I had no idea that Balor was the name of a Fomorian king. I knew about the Fomorians, but balor seems to have evaded my studies, lol
Whd

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Whd
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

I'm thinking the same thing...but I have a solution. For the stupid ones that belong to unfamiliar members, change them to powers that ARE original and DO make sense. That's what I did for Warp Speed, Diamond water and a few others (at least I THINK that's what they're called, I forgot)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Josh
Have a little rant here...
I keep noticing a few "negation wars" happening. Someone submits a superpower that disables other superpowers and specifically maneuvers around all previous defenses, so someone submits a new defense, so someone else makes a new power just to get through that defense. It's driving me nuts.

As "Myself" said in another thread, "I just think everyone should be able to be defeated and negation powers are the only way to do it sometimes." And I don't disagree at all, but I think that an unbeatable negation ability is the same as regular unbeatable-ness.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, a combination of like three different obscure powers doesn't scream "This power is beatable" to me.

I don't know, what do you all think?

Also, Shadowulf1- I think if your changes are suitably drastic, it might be possible for you to submit your own inspired powers rather than accepting a mumbled heap. I think there should at least be some sort of credit given, like "Revised by Shadowulf1." I remember you mentioning that sort of thing on Viral Saliva.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

yes, I agree. These "negation negation" abilities are getting kind of tedious. People can't be so sensitive that they want to be protected all the time. This is how we get Mary-Sues.

In addition, I think that if powers are submitted and they are so horrible that reading them causes the reader PHYSICAL PAIN, then changing them is totally fair game. Or you should be able to deny theirs, and submit your own version of it, edited correctly. No questions asked. I know it's kinda mean, but it would certainly teach them to be more careful about trolling, obscure, or inappropriate additions (or at least, make the troll mad)
Whd

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

well, glad that's been resolved.

My only rant is the recent influx of ridiculousness in the form of obscurely ridiculous abilities. Don't know if the influx is only RECENT, but it certainly is ridiculous. Shooting solid matter out of your eyes, the continuation of the weird creatures of Kyst, and so many others that just plain hurt my eyes to look at or read. Literally, painful.
Whd

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

yeah, exactly

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

UM...I forgot one of the main reasons I posted this topic...TWILIGHT (grrrr....my archnemesis...of literature)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Wish
Vampires DO NOT I repeat DO NOT SPARKLE.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

Ugh...I know right??? I mean, what element of that "saga" is even remotely attractive? Really? I mean, a sparkly male vampire that doesn't eat meat (or drink blood)? And what is it with Stephenie Meyer's idea of a werewolf? I SAW the commercials, that is NOT a werewolf, that's a big WOLF. A WEREWOLF is part WERE, which in the German is "man", and part WOLF. Meaning a wolf man, a lycanthrope, a lycan. Hell, even the early 1900's Wolf Man would have been a better werewolf. ARRRGH...I despise the whole idea of the series...the idea that a vampire and a human can have a romantic relationship without the vampire eating the hell out of her is beyond me...Every time I think of it, a lion humping a wildebeest comes to mind. It's sickening. And they have the nerve, no, the AUDACITY to call it a SAGA, like it's freakin' Homer's Iliad or something. Is our society really descending down the evolutionary chain back to THAT? Mindless nitwits who believe in that fanged monsters are suitable to bang instead of run away from??? Gosh, people, I thought we were past zoophilia! This series (I won't even dignify it by continuing to call it a saga) is among the biggest loads of literary blasphemy (aside from My Immortal, a horrific attempt at a fanfic of Harry Potter) to ever blight the world, in regards to both culture in general, and literature specifically. I refuse to believe that the world (especially GIRLS, which are supposedly smarter) can fall for this drivel, and see it as some sort of ideal, or fantasy, or even plausible. NEWSFLASH: if vampires ever DO come into existence (or are found out to exist), their first thought when they look at you is not to LOVE and CHERISH, to have an to hold, in sickness and in health, til death do you part. His first impulse is, has been, and always will be "MMM...that's a tasty looking piece of meat". The end, end of story, get over it, oh well.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

I found this rant amusing.

By the way, the werewolves weren't werewolves... Those are different and supposedly extinct. <.<

Yes, I've read it.

What? I was dieing of boredom.

But still..

VAMPIRES DO NOT FREAKIN' SPARKLE.

EVER.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

um...Stephenie Meyer KILLED off the race of werewolves??? That low-down and foul, slimy, grimy such-and-such from the dirty, dingy depths of so-and-so...

Only the most evil, conniving, heartless hellbeast from the depths of the pit can do away with the totality of the lycan race, and here this sappy-love-story-writing, lame-plotline-devising bee-yotch did it in ONE FELL SWOOP! She is the DEVIL!

PS: SO...what? Because they were Native American, they were, what, Skinwalkers? (#RACIST if that's the case)

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

<.< Native American shape shifters.

Lets see....

I think it was that their ancestors could astrally project themselves, and one of them got stuck in a wolves body somehow..

Then he got pissed off or upset about something and turned into a human, then something else...

I don't really remember and there's no way in hell I'm looking through the book to figure it out.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

so...they could shapeshift into forms besides wolves, and they also had the power to astrally project themselves? What, were they shamans? If so, even MORE racist...

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

jester_of_god
If I could I'd just drop Blade and Vanhelsing into the middle of the series and see how long the "Vampires" and "Werewolves" actually last.
Welcome one and All to the Jesters Carnival, where the prizes are greater than your wildest dreams, but the nightmares here shall silence you before you can even scream.

Re: Superhuman/Supernatural/Paranormal Rants (or Props)

well, hopefully they would do them in nicely...too bad we CAN'T do that...actually kinda sad, now I think about it...it'd make for some laughs, if nothing else...