Superpower Rankings

Locked 38 messages Options
12

Superpower Rankings

justinm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superpower Rankings

Isaaco3000
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
The tale of humanity will never come to a close, for the struggle of survival is a war without end, and war – war never changes. - Fallout 3

Re: Superpower Rankings

Funnier way of saying it....

1-2 Pathatic
Cant really hurt you, these powers are harmless
2-3 Almost but not quite useless
These powers are more powerful but not to the point that you have to care
3-4 Usefull
These powers are usefull but not dangerous
4-5 Average (in superpowers anyway)
Not quite dangerous but not useless
6-7 Dangerous
These powers can be dangerous, Be careful
7-8 Warning
Powers like this can cause severe harm to people if used carelessly
8-9 RUN!!!
You should run now realllllly fast
9-10 You better hope this guy/girl likes you
Get on your knees and beg, You are bugs to people with this power
10+ Unstoppable
There is no hope these powers are completely unstoppable

Re: Superpower Rankings

easydoesit214
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Easy does do it...

Re: Superpower Rankings

Smashfiction
Why not change one of the 'harmless' or other lower rankings to 'Mostly Harmless' as a take from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I also think having a 'useful' category is good because some powers aren't neccesarily pointless, but aren't really for combat.

Just my two cence

Re: Superpower Rankings

easydoesit214
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Easy does do it...

Re: Superpower Rankings

Wow my reply was ment as a funny/joke thing so.... maybe i should stop trying to be funny.

Re: Superpower Rankings

easydoesit214
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Easy does do it...

Re: Superpower Rankings

you spelled Humor wrong

And why even name them? just put "near harmless" on one end and "Unreal" on the other and let them draw there on conclusions

Re: Superpower Rankings

easydoesit214
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Easy does do it...

Re: Superpower Rankings

4T1LL
The category names should be based on usefulness, rather than destructiveness.

Or have different scales, one for destructiveness and one for usefulness.  For example a power that significantly increases your intelligence would not be destructive at all so it would be  a 1-2 on the destructive scale.  But this power is obviously a very strong power so to leave it at that would not be doing it justice.  On the usefulness scale, the power would have a much higher score, maybe a 7-8 for example.

Re: Superpower Rankings

Actually that power could be super distructive, Super intellegent person makes robot army to take over the world... there are very very very few super powers that cannot be used in a destructive way

Also i agree on the 2 diff scales

Re: Superpower Rankings

4T1LL
Well im sure we could find a way for every power on this site to be destructive in some way but how many people are going to take the time to think it through.  just a suggestion to make it easier.

I do think if your going to make the scale system the two different scales would be a must have

Re: Superpower Rankings

Vespert
I agree that a lot of powers can be considered dangerous. But, even though it's a possibility that some may realize, what are the odds someone will use their power that way? Not everyone is inclined to wish for world domination/destruction.

Also, I agree with having those two scales. Maybe a third one for originality? Probably not as important as usefulness and destructiveness. There are some abilities that - while not being particularly dangerous or useful - at least have the decency of not being a sub-power or derivation of the most common superpowers.

Re: Superpower Rankings

KendallHero
Wow! I was just about to suggest this. Great idea.

Re: Superpower Rankings

I scale for destructivness, one for usefulness, and one for popularity? <---- i had some idea for that one but i forgot..this might be it, maybe possibly

Re: Superpower Rankings

Vespert
There's already a "Most wanted superpowers" list.

Re: Superpower Rankings

Ok so that was not it...... i cant remeber

Re: Superpower Rankings

WILD_WONDER
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Superpower Rankings

4T1LL
Well in order to rank something on how useful or destructive it its you have to imagine all of the possibilities that you could could use that power for.
Maybe there could be a section on the power that is a list of possible uses and abilities that everyone could edit not just the creator.  I know that when I have created powers I have ran out of room explaining or list the possible uses.  I think that would give people a better idea of what that power could do before ranking it.
12