What do you want the most? (New site features)

What do you want the most? (New site features)

justinm
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
667

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

667
I would love pictures of powers, userpages, and login. If you can find the time, do these please.

Also Merry Christmas.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

WILD_WONDER
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

First comment of the year!! !

My computer is FINNALY working again!

Agrees with everyone else!

Of and...  Release the murderous super-intelligent mechanical gunea pigs that throw blasts of energy!

Also now that i think about can you make us able to modify our own comments... i make so many spelling errors and not notice until to late...

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

There is a display for "users with most superpowers" Could there be one for "Most superpowers made"?

Also if you could make it so registered users dont have to do the some-what annoying random word confirmation, That would be awesome!

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

no_name
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

I'd be happy if you could sort powers by "Most Recently Commented On"  Its a pain to try and find if someone commented on a power if its not on the front page. I mean, finding if someone commented recently.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

Sini
I think that it would be nice to have a sort of Private Message system. It probabally won't come to effect, but it would also be nice to get powers that are up for grabs if they were made by you.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

In relation to the main discussion of the topic, it would be nice if we were allowed more writing space while submitting powers. I find that sometimes I have to put some of the important qualities in the pro / cons sections of the powers.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

Yes, I would LOVE more writing space; preferably at least 745 letters (though 1,000 wouldn't hurt); this should be allowed in both the actual description of the powers and the pros and cons, and this is why the person who submits a power should have the capability to EDIT them! (or edited reasonably by others who see flaws...)

I also think that we should have maybe like a spellcheck or formatting option on the description bar, so we can bold, underline, add special symbols, etc.; example? I had to submit the power Doppelganging without the little double-0dotty thing over it. It SHOULD'VE been spelled like THIS:

Doppelgänging

In addition, i agree entirely with WHD, Sini and Zaleramancer...

It would be nice to have an inbox of some sort where we can recieve updates on our comments, and possibly get PM's.

no_name
also, maybe a place to post comments on the front page without putting it under the comments of other superpowers.

because it's on the front page and it can be about anything. besides, it was just a small thought.
WHD

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

Awesome Al
To make verification of new powers quicker :)

Place a new box on the front page.

Every 30 minutes or so - a new power submitted by a user is displayed allowing users to vote 'Yes' or 'No' aswell as to dispute the power in a pro/con thread discussion.

After 30 minutes the votes have it - if most people chose 'Yes' then its added to the list if most people chose 'No' then its passed to the Admins and if there is - say - less than 30 votes in total - its automatically passed to the Admins.

This allows popular and creative ideas to be commissioned to the site quickly and for people to dispute and complement peoples ideas as well as allowing a bit less work for the Admins.

Alex

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

Vespert
I don't think this is a good idea.

Firstly, unless you can vote more than once per IP address, I highly doubt we could reach 30 or any significant number of votes, especially in such a short amount of time.

Secondly, submitted powers need to be checked in case strongly similar powers are already on the list. This is a very tedious task, so I don't think every voter is going to bother.

Thirdly, there's no way the powers can be automatically approved without checking and correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes, as well as the coherency.

Fourthly, there are occasionally very obscene superpowers (I recently rejected a power that allows one to shoot acid when they have an orgasm). These should not be carelessly displayed.
WHD

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

I have a feature that should be added. At least once we have the RP up and the BA up. If we have a Bulletein Board on the main page announcing all the new stuff that's going on in the RP, it'd be pretty cool. Or at least something giving a preview of what may be to come, like "The group have come across an amazing secret..." or something.
WHD

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What do you want the most? (New site features)

Meh, it IS just a suggestion...It needs a bit of fleshing out, admittedly. I was just spitballin'...feel free to elaborate or add on where you think I missed any considerations...